Network an mp530

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
canon documentation states that the mp530 does not network, i am wondering if there is a work around for this, what i am trying to do is, leave the printer plugged into a desktop and also print from a laptop, preferably wireless, is there an aftermarket module or a usb spliter so i don't have to disconnect the desktop

embguy

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Setup printer sharing at your desktop. Over the network, your laptop sends print job to your desktop to be printed at the mp530.
You need a wireless router if you want wireless access.

Do a google search on "setup printer sharing" for instruction. Good luck.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Keep in mind that most print servers will not support bidirectional transfer. So NO scanning and NO ink level monitor possible !!!

panos

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printing from the laptop through another computer (which acts as the printer server versus small lan printer server boxes) is even better to sending the job directly to the printer because once the job is spooled on the server computer you can shutdown the laptop. This is very important on large print jobs, particularly for multi-user environments.

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
so i will lose the scanning and the monoitoring on the desktop also, or just the laptop

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I have a D-Link DIR-655 Wireless Router. it has a USB port that acts as an access point. You can plug in USB devices and gain access to them through the router. For more information try this link:
http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=530

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
mrelmo said:
do you get the 2 way communication with this router
It's supposed to be able to read/write to a memory stick and have two way communication with a printer. I haven't use anything on the port yet so I can't report any results.
You should pose the quesion to the folks at D-Link.

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
ha ha thats funny talk to the dlink people, i spoke with them all they know, is how to read from a manual, if you do get any additional information from your personal use i would appreciate that info thanks