Need Help about CISS Installation

cool

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi I bought an HP D1050 Deskjet with printer, copy and scan.
It uses ink 61 for both color and black (2 Cartdriges)
I bought a ciss for ink 61. It doest not come with Cartdriges. So you have to use the original Cartdriges.

I want to know if you have to wait for the original Cartdriges to be empty before you could installed the ciss.

gigigogu

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
My advice is to install the CISS immediately after you are sure the printer is full functional, in good condition (no faults that would need service repair).
Otherwise a) if the printer is faulty you may need a new set of OEM cartridges to send the printer for repair and b) if you run the cartridges dry the nozzles can be damaged or air pockets can be formed.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Weren't there instructions with the CISS? Seems odd and a bit disconcerting that the seller wouldn't provide such elemental instruction. Have you tried contacting the seller or manufacturer?

Tigerman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5640, iX6840
i saw some sellers sold ciss with OEM cartidges (full) -refills4all.com- but i dont know if your seller take in mind that you will attch tubes to cartidges, its will mixed inks and of course until some period maybe not sure you will face some problems, i highly suggest you email the seller of your ciss, may you will see chemical reaction of mixing ..... but at all i think its ink not so danger.

cool

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thank you guys, I am now aware of the procedure. I email the manufacturer and i got the manual. Infact the ciss should be installed with the cartdriges with ink in it.

Thank you again guys.