Need an AIO for work...I will be purchasing this.

cprems

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I need a new AIO printer for work. Pricing needs to be approx $300-400. I will be purchasing the ink, so it needs to be fairly conservative in this area. We do scan approx 80+ pages a day on our printer we have now. I am looking for suggestions where to start looking. Also continuous ink feeding could also be an option as it is cheaper to buy in bulk.

Any and all help appreciated,

Ian.

cprems

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
No one has a suggestion?

Ian

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
You could get an Epson Workforce 610 and a CIS for it. Then get an appropriate bulk ink like from MIS. All together it'll run around $400. Epson uses piezo heads which won't burn out in case anything goes wrong with the CIS which may happen in an office environment.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I would have recommended an HP L7680 but the printer drivers really are a pain...

The Workforce 600/610 or BX600/610 (in other zones) might be a good one though...

DCLocal

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Best Buy has the Epson Artisan 810 on sale this week for $199. This is a true photo printer and full function AIO w/scanner, fax, 6 color printing, document feeder, auto duplexing, with USB, Ethernet and Wi-Fi connectivity.

Not sure of duty cycle but it does support easy CISS add-ons.

Leonardjohn

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
To many to list
I have several Epson Artisans, great multifunction printers. Prints vivid dvds and photos. Easy setup.

Large touch screen. And just a great looking printer.

If you do not need a duplexer, Newegg has the 800 on sale for $168.00. As of 11/25/09

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16828103311

I would also have to agree with websnail on the HP l7680, a real workhorse, user replaceable printheads.

Good luck on your search.

jasiiboss

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
This is in response to the post by websnail reg. driver problems with the HP L7680 printer.

It surprises me as in my 18 yrs of working with HP products I have not had the opportunity to find fault with their device drivers. We recd the above mentioned printer for rprs today and interfacing the same on suse linux was no prob at all. The device drivers are avl at http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=2512009&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us.

Would like to learn as to what exactly is the problem with the above mentioned printer regarding drivers.

Rgds

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
jasiiboss said:
This is in response to the post by websnail reg. driver problems with the HP L7680 printer.

It surprises me as in my 18 yrs of working with HP products I have not had the opportunity to find fault with their device drivers. We recd the above mentioned printer for rprs today and interfacing the same on suse linux was no prob at all. The device drivers are avl at http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=2512009&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&lang=en&cc=us.

Would like to learn as to what exactly is the problem with the above mentioned printer regarding drivers.
Where to start...

1. Software bloat... No driver needs to be 50+Mb in size!

2. On the L7580, L7680 and L7780, the original WinXP driver has a pre-defined duplex option that turns on mirror image (as used for OHP transparencies or t-shirt transfers) and leaves it on when you revert to "normal" printing

3. In many instances the driver will kill the print spooler because of a clash

4. Hewlett Packard drivers clash with Highpoint RAID drivers in some instances...

5. My latest one is random printouts being reduced to one twentieth of standard A4 size then printing normally with no warning

Hopefully that explains a little of my antipathy towards HP drivers.. ;)

PS: Sorry for taking this even further off topic.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I also have trouble with hp drivers not printing in photo mode when you set it, either the photo print comes out really light because it went photo mode on regular paper or dark because it went regular paper when I tell it to do a photo. I think their user interface needs work also.