Need advice on refilling large format HP printers

costadinos

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
7900, 4900, 9890, R2000, P50
I am looking into buying an HP Z2100 and use it with aftermarket inks and have two questions about the specific model, hopefully someone more experienced than me with HPs in this forum will be able to help:

1) I can get my hands on ink from a reputable manufacturer producing inks I have already tested in other models and know to be of high quality. They advertise the inks to be compatible with the HP Z6100 model, which uses the same 8 colors.
The question is, are the inks used in different HP printers (but same 8 color inkset) the same formulation, therefore OK to use in other models as well, or is it a different formulation, thereby risking damaging the head?

2) I haven't had any experience with HP refillable carts in the past and the info on the internet is really scarce. Most importantly, has anyone used refillable cartridges and resettable chips from some manufacturer successfully and can recommend them?

anazoolik

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, L1800, ET16650, ET18100
A lot of views, but no answer...

I can help a little bit.
The vivera inks in Z6100 and Z2100 are the same, also to the other Z-modells. I have an Z3200 and use the original Z6100 cartridges for refilling without problems. So i see no special risk. But if there is a risk, the printheads are cheap...

My refill cartridges came from a seller at aliexpress. They work all, but only if all cartridge slots have the refill cartridges not in mix with originals. But they are 200ml modells and i can't close the cartridge cover. So i would recommend normal 130 ml modells.

Over all i'm happy with the HP (ok, speed is very weak). My 2 Epson Pro 4900 have permanently clog problems...