My New Epson Stylus Photo 1500w (artisan 1430) !!!

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Give me cider instead!

I had never heard of the 7000, so looked up:http://www.misco.co.uk/productinfo/...5&cadevice=c&gclid=CKWytqC3078CFVHKtAodMCgAjg

So isn't it a pigment printer?

@3dogs That's an interesting picture. The colours are unusual and if you copy the image and try printing it, the results on a dye printer are not good in comparison to your original.

@pharmacist I admire your efforts, but my equipment and inks are limited to the 9000 II and IS inks, so I'll stick to profiles!

Its Funny!

I came back to delete my post, as I feel it was actually counter to the intent of @pharmasist, therefore, not within the spirit of things. But since its there I will explain. @Emulator I have also got a couple of test prints of this image done on the Canon 9000, dye ink OEM, about the same vintage. Dye colour on the matte inkjet copy paper is even MORE vibrant than this. However, they were stored in a stack below thus somewhat protected and therefore of no practical interest here. Colours are remarkably true note the chrome and Yellow plastic barrier BUT the dye is better colour on this paper. The reason for differing brightness was to try to get the reds true, didnt really get there but the other colours are good. Pharmasist talks about his reds magenta, seems they are "elusive" although I must confess I do think that the pharmasist is being a bit optamistic above where he suggests that one of us should sacrifice ourselves.. Please NOTE I took one step backwards. Im not about to give my life for a print test:lol:

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I don't understand a fade test of the IX7000 (PGI-9 pigment inks): even aftermarket pigment inks are very fade resistant, so you will have to wait for many years before any noticeable fading. The most interesting fade tests are actually dye refill inks.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The only reason I mentioned doing a test was because I use mainly I.S. pigment and dye inks and the testing of I.S. dye inks has been done so many times before with varying results, use the right paper and the results are good but use the wrong paper and the I.S. inks can be a disaster and so can OEM ink !

I want to see what differences there are between I.S. and Sudhaus inks, like the glossy sheen, how bright the red and blues are and how good the matte black performs, fading as you say is such a minor problem when using the pigment ink which ironically is not my main concern either.

If after only six months there is a noticeable difference in light fastness then that would be a concern to me because I would only expect to see some gradual differences after a full year.

The I.S. ink does perform well in my iX7000 but it could be better because I have noticed a higher level of manual maintenance when using this printer and I don’t have that problem with my other two pigment printers, so something is not quite right, is it the printer or is it the ink, well I am about to find out.

I don’t normally use this printer for photos but to test out these inks I will be using some standard photos on the Sihl gloss paper and if @3dogs doesn’t mind I would like to include his street art Pic also.

These tests are just to see if the German ink will run smoother, require less cleaning and hold onto good overall visual quality against its nearest rival, Chinese inks are good but no one has done any testing on these as yet !

I have only got 50 ml of Chinese ink left (11 colours each) and have never gotten around to doing any testing other than colour matching with them , which they passed..

sampheap

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
@pharmacist, I am also using InkTec (Korean ink) here, the fading is pretty bad after just a few weeks exposing to the sun! Luckily, I am doing mostly business cards printing, and sometimes posters too which then matte laminated, so the fading resistant dramatically increases considering ppl don't put their cards up on the wall :)

Anyway, you wrote 'I did some test prints to create Colormunki profiles using my 4-in-1 miniature patch method.', how is it possible to do that with Colormunki?

sampheap

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
@pharmacist, thank you for the links, this will surely help save a lot instead of using 4 papers, we need only one to get 2 profiles!!!
But will it work if I print target #1 the same time from 2 printers to save time too because I can see even target #1 isn't identical between print? Do you still have that pretty ruler template in vector?

To your testing, I am amazed at Coralgraph inks, and I found it here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NON-OEM-6...0-RX700-/370895935540?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276
Unluckily, they aren't shipping to Asia (Phnom Penh, Cambodia, 00855).

Last edited:

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Hi sampheap,

Maybe you can get a try at Ink Owl in Canada, because Ink Owl ink is pretty good too for the Epson printers in terms of color fidelity and fade resistance, much better than OCP, which fades too fast.

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
@The Hat you may use the image, would you like me to post a original .jpg (rather than a scan of a print) or even a .dng if you like.

Wall_Art_5DII-2-5.jpg

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Thank you Andrew, I appreciate that.

No the one you posted will do just fine, I just wanted for the range of bright colours that’s in it so I can add that to the three other prints that I’ll be using.. (It's perfect) :)

sampheap

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Hi sampheap,

Maybe you can get a try at Ink Owl in Canada, because Ink Owl ink is pretty good too for the Epson printers in terms of color fidelity and fade resistance, much better than OCP, which fades too fast.
Yes, that will be my second option according to your testing. The international shipping rate ($12.95) is good too though I can see it twice the price of CoralGraph which is $170 per 6,000ml.