My New Canon PIXMA Pro-100

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I live 45 minutes from the upper NY state
Are you able to get a Post Office Box in New York? The cost for the smallest box is nominal considering the savings obtained. If so, the printer and AmEx card can be delivered to that address.

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Are you able to get a Post Office Box in New York? The cost for the smallest box is nominal considering the savings obtained. If so, the printer and AmEx card can be delivered to that address.

Yes. I have a US accommodation address in sleepy Ogdensburg, NY. (As do many Canadians) The problem is that paying with a Canadian domiciled credit card. On a couple of occasions I have called the Canon US 800 number to take advantage of the discounted offers (Not rebates). All goes well and they even accept my Ogdensburg address, but run into problems with my Canadian credit card.

There are possible tedious work-arounds. I just have not been sufficiently motivated to try them. Yet! Maybe one day.

rs

PalaDolphin

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, HP 7760, RX500
I know many of you do not live in the United States. I just mailed the rebate in today; I had a week left to do it. When doing so I don't explicitly remember it asking if I lived in the USA; I live in Minnesota. Since B&H is in New York I wasn't charged state sales tax. Shipping was free and they bundled an awesome (and heavy, everything about the Pro-100 is heavy) 50 ct pack of Canon Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss SG-201 worth $39.99. After the rebate, I will have spent $129.99.

Doing the rebate was straight forward. B&H send a rebate e-mail that had a link to the Canon rebate form which had a link to the online version which is a pre-rebate. I filled that out, cut out the UPS, printed the order confirmation e-mail from B&H, and printed the online form as directed, then mailed those three things in.

I'll post here when the Amex card arrives.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
There are possible tedious work-arounds.
Maybe a prepaid VISA or Mastercard gift card purchased in the US from a bank or a merchant such as a drug store, Target, Walmart, etc.? What about using PayPal?

I do not know the law in this area and do not and would not recommend anything illegal!

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Maybe a prepaid VISA or Mastercard gift card purchased in the US from a bank or a merchant such as a drug store, Target, Walmart, etc.? What about using PayPal?

I do not know the law in this area and do not and would not recommend anything illegal!

Yeah - Have those options on the radar for when sufficiently motivated to follow through.

Should really be no problem as I visit the New England States a few time each year and have a son and his family living in Connecticut.

Meticulously comply with border protocols. Most times it is a breeze taking mere seconds to clear the checkpoints.

rs

rs

Latest posts