Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Don't forget publicity.

1635264740630.png

http://www.ddisoftware.com/qimage-u/

One hand washes the other. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
As Jose mentioned last Sunday, the relations with this forum are rather cool indeed...

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
The word is cold, he hasn’t posted here in an age.. There’s no money in it for him..
He’s lost to the dark side..:(
No, but he reads every word here.

He targets photo printers, by preference the higher level (although there are few refillable left).

As we should monitor his channel. He told something rather interesting about refilling the PRO-1000. To be confirmed, but his theory is that the chip only is declared empty when the internal tank drops below a certain volume, so even if the counter is long empty, as long as you replenish the cartridges it continues without having to disable ink monitoring (with eventual "revenge" actions as with the PRO-1).
So Preciision Color's ink level warning system maybe isn't as superfluous as I thought.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
No, but he reads every word here.
Yes he does visit, but only to pick juicy bits that he can use on his own channel later, on the other hand, Jose gives fantastic advise on photo printing and reproduction, but on the hardware side, his comments are all second hand and so old news..
but his theory is that the chip only is declared empty when the internal tank drops below a certain volume, so even if the counter is long empty, as long as you replenish the cartridges it continues without having to disable ink monitoring
The idea that Canon have left the door open on the Pro 1000 chips is all too premature, we had that said before about other Canon printers, which turned out to be wrong.
So Preciision Color's ink level warning system maybe isn't as superfluous as I thought.
I tend to agree, why anyone would want a low ink warning system installed is beyond me, because the carts hold 60ml plus of ink, and that’s a lot of printing, and it's so easy to refill these carts again.. No modifications needed.. There’s no danger to the print head..

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
theory is that the chip only is declared empty when the internal tank drops below a certain volume
Is that theory along the lines of what @Artur5 has written and photographed with the Maxify cartridge ability to "sense" ink volume or lack of?

Last edited:

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Not exactly, although it has some similarities. If I understood José correctly, his theory is that the internal reservoir of each color on the Pro-1000, has 2 sensors, One sensor on top marks full level (of the internal reservoir, not the cartridge) and the other sensor located at the bottom of that reservoir signals 'low'. He compares this system to the flush of a toilet. :rolleyes:

When the level of ink in the reservoir reaches the bottom sensor, a valve connecting the cart with this reservoir is opened to admit ink from the cart, until the level in the reservoir reaches the top sensor and then the valve is closed.
If there’s not enough ink left in the cart to fill the reservoir up to the top sensor, then the printer knows that the cart. is empty.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
his theory is that the internal reservoir of each color on the Pro-1000, has 2 sensors,
I reckon this theory on sensors in the reservoir is all nonsense, the little pool of ink internally is just like a bird feeder with the up turned bottle, the carts just keep topping it off till there’s no ink left in the cart.. speculation is just that.. The world was once flat..

Nobody is willing to go in and have a look, it’s not that Feckin hard to remove the top cover, I don’t have a Pro 1000 so I can’t..:th

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Not exactly, although it has some similarities. If I understood José correctly, his theory is that the internal reservoir of each color on the Pro-1000, has 2 sensors, One sensor on top marks full level (of the internal reservoir, not the cartridge) and the other sensor located at the bottom of that reservoir signals 'low'. He compares this system to the flush of a toilet. :rolleyes:

When the level of ink in the reservoir reaches the bottom sensor, a valve connecting the cart with this reservoir is opened to admit ink from the cart, until the level in the reservoir reaches the top sensor and then the valve is closed.
If there’s not enough ink left in the cart to fill the reservoir up to the top sensor, then the printer knows that the cart. is empty.
As far as I observed in the Maxify - and as @Artur5 proved by dissecting a printhead - the ink sensor in the Maxify serves only to protect the printhead, it raises an error then (cleared after placing a cart with sufficient ink - and a resetted chip I suppose).
But as long as there is ink in the cart, you can ignore the empty cartridge warnings (red cross and messages from time to time), it is not this sensor that "kills the chip" with Jose's words.

I guess a comparable sensor should be present in a €1000 printer too, and based on Jose's observation the ink indication stays blank after the color bar descended to 0 - not as in the Maxify where it goes to red cross at the next startup - it could be that in the PRO-1000 the red cross is raised by the empty sensor in the printhead.

Or didn't Jose shut down his printer yet ?

Last edited:

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
In my experience with the Maxify, when the red X appears on screen (but no error ) and I remove the cart, it's always totally empty (62 gr for a PGI-2500XL black, 47 gr for the other colors ).
So my ..ahem.. theory :rolleyes: is that this red X appears when the flow control system at the bottom of the printhead detects no more ink coming from the cart and the ink level stored in the chip has reached already the low condition (yellow warning)
Instead, if the chip hasn't triggered yet the yellow warning but the flow control system sees no more ink, then an error pops in the screen instead of the red X.

I bet that @The Hat won't buy my theory more than that of José..:D

P.S.
Incidentally, I tried yesterday and today to enter Jose (Jtoolman) youtube channel and I couldn’t find it anymore, neither searching youtube nor with Google. Apparently it has been removed or disabled ?
Possibly it’s only a temporary problem. :idunno

Last edited:

Latest posts