My best EPSON PRO 3800 seems to have died!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
WicReset should provide some more information in another window - the status report including the number of pages printed, firmware revision, date of installation and a list of errors which may have occurred including paper jam etc

akramjef

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson p50 printer
yesterday my office printer Epson stylus photo R1900 developed the same problem .it stop printing ( papers come blank), because the workers moved the printer out side my office with out telling me to change the furniture (i am sure it is rough handling) . when reconnected to the computer and try to test it , start up was normal no noises, it take the papers normally but no ink on the papers , nozzle check , head alignment , head cleaning ,uninstalling and reinstalling the driver didn't solve the problem ,Wicreset showed no error. i took it home and i decided to disassemble the printer and see what is wrong. before disassembling i put my fingers on the ribbon like cable of the print head . luckily it fell in my hand (it was disconnected) , i reconnect the cable carefully ,the printer start working as usual.
so probably the problem in your printers is a matter of loose or disconnected cable whether of the print head or in the mother board and not a major print head issue.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
These obscure faults that occur where connectors work loose during operation due to mechanical vibration, but do not actually disconnect until a more significant physical impact occurs? The connectors should have retainer clips.

akramjef

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson p50 printer
If it is proved to be that it is logic board or print head damage developed due to minor movement of the printer, so what is the lesson we learned from this problem ? As we learn from our mistake (if their is any mistake) although I don't see any mistake .I will do the same thing if I want to move my printer few feet.
what is the proper way to move or to handle our printers?
How to prevent this major problem from occuring next time?
Even in the service manual they didn't mention that.
Epson 3880 is expensive sofistcated printer but seems to be very delicate. Is it a usual fault in other printers.

astecno

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 3800
100% exactly like mi 3800 situation.
I have brand new logic board that I have yet to attempt to install.

Joe

How did you find it was the board?

astecno

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 3800
WicReset should provide some more information in another window - the status report including the number of pages printed, firmware revision, date of installation and a list of errors which may have occurred including paper jam etc

It seems WicReset can not query these information from the 3800. At least here it does not shows the button to access the Status Report window.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
At least here it does not shows the button to access the Status Report window.
Thanks for info, that's possible, some of the available program option vary by printer model.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
How did you find it was the board?

I still do not really know for sure.
I was told that it would likely be the board so I bought one.
I have the same exact symptoms as your printer.
I have not yet torn into it because I really don't know how to proceed.
Joe

astecno

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 3800
That is how my 3800 print head looks like. Not sure if all these ink droplets are OK and what to do about them.

E0EHNEV.jpg

0FXq6xZ.jpg

7c331pS.jpg

astecno

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Pro 3800
Also I verified the whole board. There is no damaged capacitors or any signal of bad soldering. Also the fuse in the power board seems OK.

Latest posts