My best EPSON PRO 3800 seems to have died!

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Yes I saw that and I am thinkiong The same thing!
Oh well!!!
Joe

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Joe, so this is it then, your beast is deceased and left you with a heavy heart, alternatively if you could sail over the pond to me I would gladly deliver my Pro 1 to the quayside and make you a gift of it, because I know you'd give it a good home and work its ass off.

I haven’t used the printer for more than 3 months and it’s more a convenient storage area now to stack all sorts of rubbish on top of it, I just don’t have the work for it now and turning it on for a small job is very wasteful..

berserk

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Things often die of static electricity - synthetically dressed, rubber shoes/soles , trolley with plastic wheels, just been moving around, synthetic floor, another e-plug used. You might have been loaded (electrically that is ;))

But - you have certainly heard of how to avoid such accidents.

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
That might happen if you are holding the dismounted circuit board in your hands, I think.
..not if you are moving the whole device..

berserk

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
He, he...That depends on how loaded you are...:)

But also if you touch bare metal on a plug (i.e USB-plug) that is directly connected in the other end to the printer. Also when you have moved a printer, standing in the front of it, you might want to feel with one finger on the other side where the hole for the plug is - you might thereby touching bare metal.

Also many computer manuals warns you not to connect things that are connected to other outlets.

OK - sometimes it's just pure voodoo !

Last edited:

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
He, he...That depends on how loaded you are...:)

But also if you touch bare metal on a plug (i.e USB-plug) that is directly connected in the other end to the printer.
Also many computer manuals warns you not to connect things that are connected to other outlets.

OK - sometimes it's just pure voodoo !

Yeah, shit happens, but no reason to go berserk ;)

Really sad for Joe's printer.

berserk

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Yes it's sad! Hat off in respect for Joe's printer.

All of our printers are sooner or later going that way.

It should be forbidden!!!
Perhaps Donald Trump can do something about it?

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Actually think of it another way. Some guy goes in to buy 4 aluminum alloy wheels for his car. He walks out and it cost the same as a 3880. These printers are expensive but at least you know it cost a lot to engineer and make and there's a lot of precision and technology that goes into it and the price is justified. With so much precision and electronics there's lots to potentially go wrong. There is an appreciation to some degree about the difficulty about manufacture and repeated operation. Not so sure about the alloy wheels.

annel

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 710, Canon PRO 100
I'm pretty sure it happened to me once and it seems like maybe I did what 3 dogs did - uninstalled and re-installed. Hope you found a solution.