MG5350 problem with print dialog in Sierra Pages

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma iP7250 and MG5350,
A good point and that did occur to me, which is why I deleted all copies and versions of Pages before reinstalling the one giving me the problems. As it was reinstalled straight from the Apple App Store, I doubt it is faulty. However, you have given me another idea. I keep Word for Mac open on my desktop, so what I will now try is to close all apps except Pages 7 and see what happens.

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Stratman - you are a genius! There was indeed a conflict between Word for Mac and Pages 7 when both were open (but not with Pages 3.0.3. for some reason). There's obviously a problem with having the two apps open with regard to the print dialog box. Anyway, problem solved and a big thank you and to The Hat for your patience!

John Wallace

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thank you for that link, which was extremely informative and explained why I (and others) have had so much trouble with High Sierra. The nub of it appears to be this:

If you’re using a Mac with a spinning hard drive, or Apple’s “Fusion Drive” equipped models, High Sierra will not automatically convert your device to APFS. APFS is a high speed filing system that only works on SSD's. Apple has said that APFS will be coming to hard drive-equipped Macs in a future High Sierra update. That has never happened and won't now, with the impeding release of their new OS. So, along with other dinosaurs, I will stay with Sierra!

Thanks again.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The link for anyone wanting to read it. :)