Megatoners i950 Problem

spector

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
So I ordered a set of replacement carts for my i950 from megatoners and my r200, I'm not too happy with their service so far since they cant seem to get me a damn magenta cart and keep sending me other colors instead for my r200 but thats a whole other story.

Anyway, I havent used my i950 for over a year, since I got my r200 actually. I've finnaly got a full set of ink cartridges now. Well after installing them last night, THe first 3 carts run fine in all the tests, black, cyan and photo cyan. My problem is, the next 3 carts, yellow, photo magenta and magenta are not showing up at all. There is absolutely no sign of them, not even a spot of ink. I've run the print head alignment, multiple cleanings and still nothing will show up in the nozzle check. When printing a test photo obviously all I got was blues and blacks, which look fine.

Now what could possibly be going wrong here? When I take the carts out, it appears there is ink coming out of them like all the others because where they connect there is ink and all. Im not sure what hte next step to take would be. Any suggestions would be appreciated though, thanks.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Print heads clog when not used for a period of time. There are several threads on this forum on how to clean print heads. You need to read through them and follow the suggestions. Hopefully a year of disuse hasn't totally blocked the print head to the point where it can not be cleaned. I don't know anything about the megatoner carts. If you blow gently into the air vent and ink comes out of the ink exit port the carts will usually work OK and the problem is in the print head. Some carts (even Canon) arrive DOA. The better vendors have a better record on delivering functioning carts.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Ditto to fotofreek said! If blowing into the air maze shows ink flowing and installing these carts doesn't produce anything then I'd go with the blocked nozzle idea.

That's the problem with troubleshooting no printing... it could be the cartridge, nozzles, or a slew of other things.