Major Crisis Can't get The Cartridge Carrier to Center on my IP5200

cannonvictim

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I got spotty black printing on my Canon Pixma IP 5200 so I opened the top door and front door and the carrier centered. I took out the pigmented black cart. and proceeded to refill it. When I came back the carrier had moved to the far right and refused to center when I closed the doors and reopened them. The paper advance button lights began alternating so I pressed it to no avail and then I turned off the power. When I started up and opened the doors the carrier moved a little toward the center and I got an awful screech and no further movement. Repeating the process resulted in the same partial movement and screeching. I hope I haven't toasted the printer. Any ideas?

Canonvictim

cannonvictim

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Sorry, I fixed the problem. Found that the screw used to seal one of the vent holes caught the edge of the case. This is a new happening and means I will have to cut off a bit of the plastic where this happens.

Cannonvictim

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Why be so difficult: use the Durchstich method to refill your carts. Much easier and no mess around with screws, which obviously was the cause of your problem !

InkMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
What about hot melt, one blob fits any shape and can be flattened just before solidifying. It seals quickly and is easy to peel off next time you refill

Terry
http://inkmon.org