Looking for Canon MP280 EEPROM print

Tony_SD

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP288
Followings are where some data are stored in EEPROM, you can change it if you could access EEPROM by attach it to a programmer:

0x60 - 0x68 (repeat from 0x90 to 0x98): Serial Number, high byte and low byte swapped
0x224: P_ON (Power On times)
0x24C: CH_BK (Black Head Change times)
0x24E: CH_CL (Color Head Change times)
0x250: ASF PAGE (feed papers)
0x29A: SC (Scan and Copy times)

I'm not going to publicly tell everybody where the ink cartridge region code is stored, and how to change it. I guess Canon will not be happy with that as it's the common practice for printer vendor to lock the ink cartridge for different regions. The reason I unlocked my printer is because I don't want to throw it away just because I moved to a new region, it doesn't make sense to create a avoidable electronic waste. If you have same situation as me, and you have the tools I mentioned (Service tool, EEPROM programmer, and logic analyzer), and is able to remove EEPROM and connect it to a programmer, it shouldn't be difficult to find out where the ink cartridge region code is with the methodology I mentioned above, which has covered 80% of the whole work.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
I tend to disagree. Surely Canon isn’t happy either with third party manufacturers selling resetters, AR chips, compatible carts, bulk ink, etc.. and we, users, are not happy either with Canon locking the printers when waste ink counter reaches 100.
It’s a matter of confronted interests. If we had to consider only if Canon/Epson/HP will be happy or not, this forum and everything related to refilling wouldn’t exist.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Artur5, You’re not the one posting this sensitive and copyright information so it stands to reason that @Tony_SD wants to protect himself again this big Company, I don’t post anything sensitive about the Pro 1 either, even after Canon had screw me over..

You got to remember, you may own the printer but you don’t own the software that runs it, and when you first install the print driver you must click on the agree box, otherwise the driver wont install.. :(