Longtime lurker willing to enter 3D

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
If eventually you drop the 'almost' from that paragraph, this Esun TPU-95 is rather cheap and I really like it, once you learn the limitations of flex filaments in general. Before the Esun I tried a more expensive brand and it was impossible to get anything right.
Good points.

If I started with a good brand semi-flex, something that would work with my CR-10 / Bowden setup, and be relatively easy to try, I might give it a go some day.

I'm just not in a position right now to make a ton of changes to my printer, software, etc., to accommodate stuff outside of good ol' PLA.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If I started with a good brand semi-flex, something that would work with my CR-10 / Bowden setup, and be relatively easy to try, I might give it a go some day.
Just wait a while @Nifty, and I’ll be your guanine pig..:hide

Edit:- Guinea pig… Stupid…:lol:

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I’ll be your guanine pig..

1630700532371.png

Makes sense to me. You are the essential building block Guanine in the DNA of the forum. :old

Or, maybe fish scales and bat guano. I cannot be sure. :gig

1630706728806.png

PS The single strand RNA in the cartoon is the stuff in the Pfizer and Moderna jabs. DNA is the blueprint for manufacturing everything in the body. The RNA is the template used to make the actual stuff. We are incredible printers! Food and water are our ink. :bow

Who wants a biochemistry and immunology lesson?

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
We want that as much as you want a 3D printer. :D

"..Food and water are our ink". Only water, no other drinks ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Well Creality got back to me this morning, and I was able to order their Capricorn PTFE Tubing,
Just got my order in from Creality and now waiting on the Flexi filament to arrive..

Another problem I face is... What do with the Feckin filament because I've nothing to make with it... But I do have a heat over run error to fix on the CR-10 first..
P.S. I don’t reckon @Artur5 suggestion for another lamp standard is quite the answer.. :hide

I’ll probably try this method first..
1631007690604.png

Last edited:

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Which kind of flex filament did you purchase ? I hope it isn't a very soft type because a Bowden extruder will have a hard time printing this.
FLEX thing ideas ?. What about rubbery bones for Ted to chew ? Of course it must be food safe filament, such as flexfill TPE-90A, printed with a stainless steel nozzle and, in top of that, Ted must like the taste. Let's forget about it.... :D
I bet that Mrs @The Hat will figure out something useful.. ;)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Which kind of flex filament did you purchase ? I hope it isn't a very soft type because a Bowden extruder will have a hard time printing this.
Polycarbonate Transparent Material Filament 3D Printer Plastic 1.75Mm 1.3Kg
PC possesses great mechanical properties, and in particular, the best impact resistance for a non-flexible filament, it’s very rigid. (thats what they say)

FLEX thing ideas ?. What about rubbery bones for Ted to chew ? Of course it must be food safe filament,
Maybe if they make a bacon flavour PLA bone he might like that better, I don’t know how he’d go with a coffee flavoured one..:hu
The only thing that I’m worried about is the high printing temperature, so whatever I decide to print it must have a reasonable print time, I don’t want to leave the printer running over night.

I bet that Mrs @The Hat will figure out something useful.. ;)
P.S. Mrs The Hat doesn’t know about this stuff yet, because I don’t know how successful it will print yet, so it will be my secret for now, if I don’t burn down the shed first..:ep

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
The only thing that I’m worried about is the high printing temperature, so whatever I decide to print it must have a reasonable print time, I don’t want to leave the printer running over night.
You need a smoke detector. :p
I'm not kidding, I have one of those things installed inside the cabinet of my printer.
No chances of proving the efectivity .. yet. :rolleyes:

P.S.
So, instead of flexi you purchased polycarbonate.
Best hardness, impact resistance and UV endurance. Clearly a candidate for lampost standard Mark X.

Last edited:

Latest posts