Logged Off After Each Mouseclick

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Guys, sorry for the downtime. We tried to do a server upgrade but it went terribly south. Fortunately no data lost, just way more downtime than expected :(

I'm digging into the log-out issue, but I just can't isolate the reason. I appreciate the timing suggestion, but I can't think of anything that was changed... but I'll keep looking!

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I have lost the previous URL, but it came from my initial use of the Nifty Stuff forum added to Favorites. So it was probably correct and the basic http://www.niftystuff.com.

I have a feeling that it was something that was picked up on one particular visit to the site, that has since gone, as I had no further repeats after it was cleared. It had the appearance of something to do with the log in process itself and logged out repeatedly after logging in, as soon as you clicked on anything else.

rocker

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I had been unable to log in with IE9 and had switched to IE11 with no change. I just tried it (doing everything exactly the same as all the failed attempts) and log in went smoothly (twice).
Hopefully the problems are behind us.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I put in a tiny bit of code that forces everyone to www, so hopefully that is helping to do the trick!

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I have now also experienced to be logged off after each mouse click, when using Firefox. The problems started today Sunday Dec 1 at 09:30 CET. First only the Conversations Inbox was affected, mousing over the inbox button produced this error message, As seen I was logged in:

Inbox error.jpg

After a few minutes things grew worse and every mouse click logged me off. At around 10:00 CET I tried do a refresh using both F5 and Crtl+F5. I don't know if the error was temporary or the refresh did the trick. The function of the forum now seems to be back to normal when using Firefox.

If I cannot log in to the forum, can this mail address be used for reporting the problem: support@printerknowledge.com ?

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I had that very same problem for two days using IE9 and despite doing a refresh with F5 & Crtl+F5,
nothing worked, but thankfully Rob kindly tweaked the system and that allow me to log on again.

Adding the WWW in the address don’t do anything either, ironically I could still log into the old Nifty site ?
It’s getting like fly away Peter fly away Paul, come back Peter come back Paul.. :hide

You’re there one minute and gone the next.
Gone over to the Dark Side. :confused:

MP640

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
I'm being very careful here, but the problem seems to have gone for me. I'm typing this post with IE10 and it's not kicking me out.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Up and running today on IE11 and all’s well for now.. :thumbsup

I didn’t like the Dark Side; I keep bumping into the same old faces.. :th

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
WinXP, IE8 - now working just fine (today, that is1). The forum site opened with me logged on and i stayed logged on to post this message. I used the same favoritex link as before that did have htp//www. No change in the link and no clearing of cookies or anything else.