Logged Off After Each Mouseclick

MP640

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
I have this weird problem with IE10. Each time I select a new thread or want to create one, I get logged off. Basically, after each mouseclick on the forum I get logged off. I only have this with IE10 and only with this forum. I'm using chrome to post this message, because in IE10 it won't let me.

Is this a known problem?

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Yes, I have experienced this (with IE8), I cleared the site, cleared the cookies etc. and re-entered. No re-occurrence since.

MP640

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
I just cleared coockies, history etc. Problem is still there. Even hovering over Alerts causes a logon window to pop up.

@Emulator, what do you mean with "cleared the site"?

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
I have this weird problem with IE10. Each time I select a new thread or want to create one, I get logged off. Basically, after each mouseclick on the forum I get logged off. I only have this with IE10 and only with this forum. I'm using chrome to post this message, because in IE10 it won't let me.

Is this a known problem?

I just tried accessing the site on IE11 and it does the same. It's not you. Oh, and clearing the cache, cookies, checking "Stay logged in"... does nothing towards solving this.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
My favourite browser is Firefox, but Tudor's post made me try logging in to the site using IE 11.0.1 under Win 8.1 64 bit. With IE I have the same problem as reported by MP640 and Tudor; I have no problems with Firefox V 25.0.1. This is posted using Firefox, I couldn't stay logged in using IE, so no posting was possible using IE.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Thanks for the reports guys, and especially details on the browsers you are user and the versions! This makes all the difference in our troubleshooting. Oh, and thanks for testing out clearing browser cache and cookies! Usually a misaligned cookie is 90% of the time the problem with logging in / out issues.

I'll dig in to see what I can find!

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have experienced this (with IE8), I cleared the site, cleared the cookies etc. and re-entered. No re-occurrence since.
Saame with me - IE8, WIN XP - I wonder if the problem is the cookie that is put on when opting out of the ads that popup for items that have previously been googled or otherwise browsed?

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
So far is the problem only with Internet Explorer? I and most other developers hate that browser, but people are still using it, so we have to support it.

Those of you with problems, please make sure to answer these questions:
  1. Confirm which browser and version you are using:
  2. Have you tested another browser (Firefox or Chrome) to help isolate if it is an account issue or a browser issue:
  3. Have you tried deleting your cache and cookies (at least your cookies for this site):
Also, what is the URL bookmark you are using to access the site? Is the problem happening on all pages, or just during specific activities? I'm trying to tease out if there is a problem with maybe accessing the URL with or without the www and if that's maybe causing some problems?

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Ok, I think I have an idea of what's going on. Make sure you have the full URL of the site bookmarked with "www". Look in your url / address bar and if you don't see "www.printerknowledge.com" then add the www and make sure your bookmarks also have it.

In general this shouldn't be a problem, but I'm curious if it makes a difference for you guys on IE.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I find I still had the old "Nifty Stuff" in the Favorites list, changed it to PrinterKnowledge now, I was being redirected.

I use "Ccleaner" regularly, each time I shut down and whenever I have a problem, so practically everything is cleaned out.

This effect only occurred once for me, no trouble with XP and IE8 now.