Logged Off After Each Mouseclick

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I have just done another test using a Win 7 32 bit laptop with IE 10.0.11. This shows an even more strange behaviour: If I right-click a link, for instance to this thread and choose "Open in a new tab", I am logged off in the new tab but still logged on in the first tab (Forum startpage). If I just click a link, I am still logged on and able to post. This is posted in IE on the laptop.

F5, Crtl+F5, and running CCleaner has made no difference.

MP640

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG6150
Ok, I think I have an idea of what's going on. Make sure you have the full URL of the site bookmarked with "www". Look in your url / address bar and if you don't see "www.printerknowledge.com" then add the www and make sure your bookmarks also have it.

In general this shouldn't be a problem, but I'm curious if it makes a difference for you guys on IE.

Makes no difference for me (IE10, Win7). I don't even have to click. When I hover over the Alerts, a windows pops up telling me to logon.

Screenshot.JPG

Last edited:

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Ok, I think I have an idea of what's going on. Make sure you have the full URL of the site bookmarked with "www". Look in your url / address bar and if you don't see "www.printerknowledge.com" then add the www and make sure your bookmarks also have it.

In general this shouldn't be a problem, but I'm curious if it makes a difference for you guys on IE.
Rob - No problem using Chrome instead of IE8 - without cleaning out cookies, cache, etc, IE8 lost login when I went to check out ALERTS after loggin in. I also couldn't respond to your last post on this thread. Could it be my imagination that the appearance of the site is somewhat different (better) under Chrome as well??? I'm not anxious to change browsers. Hope you can get the glitch fixed.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Regarding the login issue: I had a problem when I switched from www to non-www, so check that first (make sure your URL bar says www)

Regarding browser: I strongly suggest to everyone that they get off of IE. There are so many other better, faster, more stable browsers out there that are free. I'm even especially more bullish on an upgrade when people are using a version of IE that is older than a few years (IE 8 is over 4 years old). With that said, I do understand some people can't upgrade... I have friends in high-tech government jobs that are forced to use IE 7... blah!

I'm anxiously digging into this to see if I can figure out the problem, but I'm feeling like it's an issue with swapping between http:// and http://www. So, make sure your browser URL has the www in it and let's see if that makes a difference.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I find I still had the old "Nifty Stuff" in the Favorites list, changed it to PrinterKnowledge now, I was being redirected.

I use "Ccleaner" regularly, each time I shut down and whenever I have a problem, so practically everything is cleaned out.

This effect only occurred once for me, no trouble with XP and IE8 now.

Ok, that's good to know!

Do you know what the URL was that you had bookmarked? I'll go into all the site redirects and see if any of them point to the non-www url.

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
There is no difference, www or not. At least here it behaves the same on IE 11.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I also noted the 6+ hours downtime. I thought it was caused by some server maintenance/reprogramming, so I just logged off from Firefox and tried to log on to the forum using Internet Explorer. I can no longer log on to the forum using Internet Explorer. This is posted from Firefox.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Rob - This is a fairly new issue. Prior to the last week or so IE8 stayed logged on throughout my activity on the forum. There must be a clue in how things were changed in the last week or so. My estimate of time may be off, but something changed that caused the logging off problem.

Again today - IE8 was a problem and Chrome wasn't (as is evident by this post!)