Lexmark s605 series printer

Geraldo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi to everybody on the forum, I am a newbie with zero knowledge of printers so would appreciate some advice.

I have a Lexmark inkjet S605 printer ( given to me as a present) the black ink cartridge ran out recently so to cut down on cost I purchased a supply of compatible black ink cartridges from Inkraider lexmark ref no. 14n1068e black 100xl. However the printer would not recognise the ink cartridge despite following the instructions given by inkraider, obviously Lexmark are trying to block people using alernatives to their own extremely expensive cartridges. They also state that their warranty would be invalidated if alternative carridges are used.

Inkraider refunded my costs so no problem there, but would like to know if there is any way of getting round this problem and if Lexmark can legally block the use of alternative ink cartridges. Thank's Geraldo.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Geraldo said:
Hi to everybody on the forum, I am a newbie with zero knowledge of printers so would appreciate some advice.

I have a Lexmark inkjet S605 printer ( given to me as a present) the black ink cartridge ran out recently so to cut down on cost I purchased a supply of compatible black ink cartridges from Inkraider lexmark ref no. 14n1068e black 100xl. However the printer would not recognise the ink cartridge despite following the instructions given by inkraider, obviously Lexmark are trying to block people using alernatives to their own extremely expensive cartridges. They also state that their warranty would be invalidated if alternative carridges are used.

Inkraider refunded my costs so no problem there, but would like to know if there is any way of getting round this problem and if Lexmark can legally block the use of alternative ink cartridges. Thank's Geraldo.
Thats absolute (C harlie R omeo A lfa P apa) your warrantee is not affected just because you choose to use compatible ink cartridges despite what Big Brother says..

Geraldo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Ha Ha! thank's for your brief and informative reply, It's obviously there way of of trying to get you to buy their cartridges. any suggestions as to how I can get round the problem of the printer not recognising compatible cartridges they fit perfectly but printer won't accept them. Cheers Geraldo.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Geraldo, is there by any chance any sort of little bar code sticker or decal on the underside of your original cart that your new "Compatible" one does not have?

Geraldo

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
jtoolman said:
Geraldo, is there by any chance any sort of little bar code sticker or decal on the underside of your original cart that your new "Compatible" one does not have?
HI jtoolman, as I've returned the compatibles I cannot compare but Inkraider did advise to scrape off the little metallic strip on the underside of their cartridge if the printer did not accept it, it still did not work after doing this. When i get the new compatible Think cartridge from Choice i will check it. Cheers Geraldo.