LC-51 refillable HUGE cartridge find

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
I would recommend the MFC-5460CN or MFC-5860CN: no wireless unfortunately, but both can be attached to your network or even wireless LAN and then it becomes indirectly wireless.

BOYNTONSTU

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
pharmacist said:
I would recommend the MFC-5460CN or MFC-5860CN: no wireless unfortunately, but both can be attached to your network or even wireless LAN and then it becomes indirectly wireless.
please expand: "but both can be attached to your network or even wireless LAN and then it becomes indirectly wireless."

In general, is there an adaptor to make a USB printer wireless?

Where does the printer driver reside?

The best would be a wireless printer with internal drivers.

What is your impression of the huge cartridges?

No need for a CISS with them.

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
If you do any refilling then whatever computer is printing will need its own color profile unless you're absolutely sure your refill ink is an OEM match. I have found that color can vary even just using different computers.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
The MFC-5460CN can be attached to an ethernet based and does not need to be connected to an USB connector, so everybody connecting to your home network can access this network printer and also the built-in scanner. A printserver will not always able you to connect the scanner. So if your home network has an wireless access point, you are set.

You need: wireless router/access point and then connect this printer to this router/access point with a RJ-45 ethernet cable and install the drivers and then you can connect to this "wireless" printer without any problems. No USB-cables needed !!!

I presume the printer driver is on a CD or DVD which you must install ?

CISS, what CISS ? these huge cartridges are already some kind of a CISS.