Known good supplier of refillable carts for 1430?

motoguy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I've been unable to locate a replacement 1400, so it looks like I'll be going with a 1430. Inkjetfly says they have CISS system for 1430, but they do not yet have refillable carts for 1430. Are there any vendors that supply known-functional refillable carts for the 1430?

another

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
you could go with generic, price difference ain't that big and saves you troubles

motoguy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Just curious...how does the pricing on generic refills compare to the bulk ink? I'm used to using my CISS on my 1400, so I'm kind of using that as a basis. I could try to re-use my CISS on the 1430, but a loose hose is what snagged the carrier on my 1400 and killed it...so I'd like to go to carts vs ciss.

Do we have any recommendations for suppliers of generics in the US, with ink that is quality and won't cause problems?

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
I have had nothing but problems with inkjetcarts products recently, carts leaking all over the place and chips not reading right. I have been buying from them for years and suddenly the quality has gone down the drain. I got new inks and carts from Precision Colors and they worked just fine, and he has better color profiling too. But I have a 1400 so you would have to email them to see if their chips will work.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I've had problems with chip bars with more than 6 colors. But all of my sets for the 1400 have worked flawlessly! Can't speak for the most recent chip bars being sold.
OutOfTheInkWell also has had great results on his 1400s
The 1430s use a different code.

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
The 1430 uses a different firmware that checks for combo chips on CISS with the single reset button...it doesn't want to see that and will indicate incompatible or not recognized. The V6 of separate refillables for SP1400s work perfectly well and they are also compatible with external ARC resetters as well for those who want to reset all at once or have complete control of resets .
There is some misinformation being bandied around lately concerning the 1430 and the code.

motoguy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
mikling said:
The 1430 uses a different firmware that checks for combo chips on CISS with the single reset button...it doesn't want to see that and will indicate incompatible or not recognized. The V6 of separate refillables for SP1400s work perfectly well and they are also compatible with external ARC resetters as well for those who want to reset all at once or have complete control of resets .
There is some misinformation being bandied around lately concerning the 1430 and the code.
Who has / where would I get these V6 individual refillables that will work on the 1430? Will my existing CISS system for the 1400 (inkjetfly) work with the 1430 as well? I plan on going with refillable carts vs the CISS, but I was just wondering.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Hi Motoguy,

Not sure if the Inkjetfly system has a modular system with chips attached to a removable bar. In this case you could ask for an upgrade of the chips bar. www.inkrepublic.com sells modular damper CISS systems, which can be easily upgraded by replacing this chip bar (for example to make it compatible with newer firmware, that disables existing CISS chips).

motoguy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well, I ordered the 1430 moments ago. I'm still looking for a supplier of reliable 1430 carts. Any help would be appreciated. I'm in the US. Thanks.