Just a thought-

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Not even when doing the large amount of number crunching that seems to be involved in printer profiling?

To be honest I haven't checked on the final profile creation only the preliminary stages and I did just see it pop up instantaneously to 22% on doing the email! :)

Well done stratman, you currently hold the record.

The ASUS AI Suite 3 does contain a stress test, used to set up the processor clocking level (4.4Ghz). Pushes it until it hits the temperature limits, but that would be cheating!

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
@Emulator

Well, I just beat my record. Same open windows/apps but converting one more video at the same time and CPU usage at 95-96% and 2.36 GB of 16 GB RAM. No hiccups! :)

BTW, using Windows 8.1.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
@Emulator

Well, I just beat my record. Same open windows/apps but converting one more video at the same time and CPU usage at 95-96% and 2.36 GB of 16 GB RAM. No hiccups! :)

BTW, using Windows 8.1.

That is brinkmanship.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
On a slightly different subject, I see we are now over the 11,000 members.:ya

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
@PeterBJ Hi Peter,

Re. earlier comments regarding the CPU gadget.

I have been surprised that the CPU reading has never noticeably exceeded 16% and memory sits at 18%. Those 4 cores seem to be wasted!!!

The 4 cores are not wasted if you like a quick and responsive computer. At the moment I am using a laptop with a core i3 CPU @ 2 x 2.13 GHz. My laptop is slow compared to my desktop computer that is using a core i5 CPU @ 4 x 3.16 Ghz. The desktop computer also has faster graphics card, RAM and HD than the laptop. The laptop is running Windows 7 32 bit, the desktop is running Win 8.1 64 bit.

Even when not using a high percentage of CPU usage, the desktop computer is much faster than the laptop.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Yes Peter, I agree, I was being provocative:). In practice with the four cores running at 4.4GHz, most processing is done so quickly that it seems as though nothing is happening. With the ASUS AI suite 3 monitor you can see the voltages applied to the individual cores and most of the time only one core is active, the others just flash on and off briefly. Apart from the final part of profile creation in Argyll, I haven't got any tasks (like stratman has) that really load this computer.

Tigerman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5640, iX6840
You are right Peter if you want more comfort then better for get 4 cores, me using graphic software its more CPU affect and fitted to get results with no annoying.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
With all the talk on this core and that core, :mad: I still haven’t got enough €’s to get a new computer yet, I keep buying one thing or other and I reckon my stash is going down more than it going up ! :eek:
I am hoping black Friday will help with some good discounts dough. :thumbsup