is there a cheaper pigment ink for epson2200

ttgold

kickbox
Reaction score
are all replacement inks
like inkgrabber and ink4U
dye inks
I have the 2000p and a 2200 .. pigment printers...and ordered ink4U inks and they are dye inks
I did miss those velvety blacks
but really didn't know I was ordering a dye ink
is it assumed ? they certainly don't mention it on the site
they just say these are inks comparable with the epson
not true since these are dye and not archival at all

are there cheaper pigment inks...or to get archival pigment inks you have to go with epson

thanks

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I don't have an Epson printer presently, but I've read that some pigment inks and dye based inks are incompatable and you would run the risk of clogging your print head. Before purchasing inks for the 2200 you should verify with the vendor that the inks are formulated for the individual printer and are pigment based inks if your printer uses pigment based inks. I know that MIS has a range of inks for Epson and their Canon dye based inks are very good. Formulabs inks for Canon are also very good, and you might inquire about pigment based inks from them. Hopefully, an Epson user will pop up on this forum and give you more specific advice!

uellis

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Mine is a similar issue. I was able to purchase pigment ink from 1800savemart.com labeled PrintRite. A wonderful ink just as good as Epson Durabrite. In July PrintRite lost a lawsuit and can no longer market in the US. I am now assuming that no else can either. I've been looking into the continuous refillable systems. With regard to dye inks, I have been told that if dye ink has been used in a printer it is no longer compatible with certain pigment inks. It would need to be flushed/purged or the inks might react with each other forming clots and damage the printer.