Is InkjetCart.US ImagePrograf Compatible ink flat or gloss?

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430 HP 932 Canon iP8720
I got this ink from InkJetCarts.us but of course now that they're closed I can't contact them. I'm setting up my carts to use Paul Roark's Carbon 6 inkset. I bought these about April of 2020 so they should still be usable. I've opened and used the carbon ink bottle and it printed fine. Four carts use various dilutions of carbon ink in a base fluid. The sixth cart, the one in the yellow position, uses a mixture of blue and cyan (in a base fluid again), and this cart acts as a cooling toner cart, the carbon ink carts tend to be a bit warm.

The InkjetCart using blue and cyan is labeled and is sold as ImagePrograf Compatible (by Lucidex) ink. The label does not say gloss or flat. The carbon carts ink is a flat ink and I want the toner cart to print flat as well. The key question is this: is the toning cart ink, the one that's a mix of blue and cyan, is it flat or glossy? My paper is by Premier Art FineArt and is a flat paper.

Oh and the labels on the blue and cyan bottles also lists these inks as compatible: PFI-106/206/306/706. Are these gloss or flat? This might be helpful information.

Please contact me if I'm not clear. Thanks all!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Have you tried a little smear of each on the paper of interest? You could then judge if the inks have the characteristics you want.

Paul W.

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 1430 HP 932 Canon iP8720
stratman,

No, I haven't tried that.... I"m not sure of my judgement!

Paul

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Your opinion is all that matters when it comes to your print. Unless you are selling them. ;)

Maybe someone with experience with those inks will post, but until then, what do you have to lose by trying? :thumbsup

If you want, you can post an image of the results for others' opinions. We certainly have plenty of those!