iP 6000D Color Problems

gvan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
That's what I thought too however I replaced the yellow cart with another one, did the cleaning processes and still had the same problem.

PearlySue

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Wrong color on iP4200. What I see on my monitor is not what I am getting on my printout with my iP4200. Especially noticed with the lavender tones. They come out much grayer and not the bright lavender that appears on my screen. What must I do?
I am using regular ip4200 cartridges, but glossy Kodak paper as I ran out of glossy Canon paper. Would it make a difference?
I only notice it with the lavender.

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
PearlySue,
Did your color shift problem just start after you switched to the Kodak paper? Different papers can definitely react differently to inks. You are using a printer profile that Canon provided for their paper and ink combo. You may have to get a printer profile for your ink/paper combo. I am not sure that I have heard many good comments about Kodak paper. If you have/belong to Costco in your area they have a house brand paper (Kirkland Glossy) that many of us on this forum use and are happy with. But again, it may need a printer profile to get the best results.

Steve W.

gvan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I'm back with the same problem..printing blue on all my photo prints. Nearly like Monochrome effects in blue are on. They are not though.
Using Canon paper plus glossy. Cartridge World inks ( never had a problem in the last two years)
I have changed the print head to a new one.
Deleted and redownloaded drivers.
I can print big yellow circles so i know the yellow cartridge is good
It also prints web pages perfectly in color.

Please help...thanks

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
gvan,
What program are you using to print photos? Did a setting get changed there? Try a different photo program. Download the trial version of QImage and try it - fantastic photo printing program. Think the trial version has all the bells and whistles - just has a time limit. I liked it so much I bought it. If web pages are printing OK in color, there has to be a problem in your photo printing program. Maybe you are doing double printer profiling - once in your photo program and again in the print driver. Only set the profile in one place - preferably the photo printing program.

Steve W.

gvan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I tried Windows, Picasa, and the Canon program....also tried printing from my wife's computer.
The print preview shows the correct colors and web pages print all the colors perfectly.

New wrinkle: Pictures are correct color when printing on plain paper
Blue on photo paper. I am using Canon Paper and/or Kodak.

This printer was working perfectly with the inks and photo paper before I went on vacation.
...no one had access to it while we were gone.

gvan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Problem solved:
I replaced both the cyan and photo cyan carts. One of them must have been defective and overloaded the printing
As evenly as it was printing that was one thing I did not consider at the outset. I assumed a bad cart would be splotchy or non existent.
Thanks to all for the interest
All is well now