iP 6000D Color Problems

gvan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
My iP 6000d D prints all photos with a blue hue. What should be gray/offwhite comes out blue and the entire photo has a blue tint. I have done the head cleaning-cleaned with alchohol-compressed air,etc. The nozzle check indicates they are not clogged and it seems to prints text colors ok.
Could the head be bad or am I missing something here?-thanks

on30trainman

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Whose inks are you using - Canon or other? Did you recently change ink supplier? Make any changes in your printer driver setup? Need to give us more info.

Steve W.

gvan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I am using Cartridge World--have been for some time. I recently replaced my Cyan before this started. I did go back and try the Cyan cartridge that I had been using when it was printing ok but the problem persisted.

Have not done anything to printer drivers..Not even sure how to change anything there.

I know this problem indicates a lack of yellow however it will print yellow text..Hard to tell with yellow if it is a good print though. Also did get a new yellow after the problem started.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
In your driver, check the colour adjustment setting. Put it on manual, and see if the cyan slider is set at 0, in the middle. If it is, then move the slider to -10% or so, and try again. I had this problem once when I wanted some prints with a blue tint, then forgot to move the slider back to 0 when I was done.

good luck!!

gvan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Manuchau

Thanks for the advice, however I need some direction on where to check this setting. Is this somewhere in the printer preferences module?-thanks

Also I would like information/links for the waste tank reset codes and how to clean the waste ink tank for the Canon iP Pixma 6000D.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Check your yellow ink cartridge. If you get a blue tint it is because of yellow being reduced. Look at your nozzle check print again. Is yellow very saturated? If not you have a clog in your print head in yellow. It reduces the saturation of yellow thus producing blue tint for you.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Hi Gvan,

Those reset codes can be found at the site of Neil Slade and even at this forum. What I always do after a printjob is take a piece of tissue and fold this into a thick cylinder and with this I absorb the ink from the ink waste tank (actually only two sponge-based pads which are linked to a large pad underneath the printer). The printhead will move to the centre when the lid is opened and take a flashlight to see the waste ink pad at the right side, underneath the place where the printhead is parked when the printer is shutdown. You will be surprised how much ink is sprayed over this pad. If left as such, the ink will over time diffuse into the larger pad and finally this is completely saturated with ink (very messy).

By absorbing the waste ink before diffusing into the larger pad, this will keep your pad much longer dry, making a programmed waste ink reset dramatically less risky, since most of the ink has already been drained away from the printer. Do this until your tissue paper is almost dry (has to be repeated several times). Also for borderless printing: the felt underneath is actually sprayed with ink and this should be absorbed after every printing job with tissue (I roll this into a tube which covers the whole felt area and pressing it lightly to extract the ink away from the pad). The rest will evaporate and you will be pleased that your printer base stays dry.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
As far as adjusting cyan, or any colour for that matter...When you go to file/print, and the printer driver comes up, click the properties button. On the 1st or "main" screen (1st tab), you will see media type, paper source, print quality, and colour adjustment. Under colour adjustment, there is an auto and manual setting. Click inside the manual setting, and press the 'set" button. There you will see the adjustment buttons.

Keep us informed...

gvan

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks.

I did that and the colors were all zeroed to the middle. Adjusting the cyan just lightened it a bit was all. I think I exhausted all the options. I went ahead and ordered a new printhead from inkcessories on ebay. Let you know the outcome.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
You have got a clog in yellow in your print head. I have seen that before. You can still unclog it. Been there and done that. You should see low saturation of yellow on your print. Now that you have ordered a new print head you can compare the yellow saturation between the two print heads.

The cause of the clog is in your yellow ink cartridge. If you keep using the same one by refilling it your new print head may be clogged again sooner or later.