Installing Pro 3880 in Ethernet

berserk

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Addendum:

Now I'm sure that there is no problems with the printer!
So - now it's time for You to move on to something like "iMacknowledge.com" forums.

After that - I'm willing to tell You what buttons to press and what settings to use.
And next to that, as a teaser, we will put up a cheap repeater to manage the printer with WiFi.

Wouldn't that be a Vctory?

Jorik

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MX925 & Canon MG5450
Hi berserk,

I'm not sure I can agree with your conclusion yet, maybe I just misunderstood you or the Epson's manual.

If the LED to the left of the ethernet port on the Epson stays constant green, (i.e. no blinking led's), then there is no (physical) network connection according to the manual. So in my mind that means something is still wrong with the printer, (or it's configuration) or the cable or the router, and we shouldn't focus on the iMac (yet).

From the manual of the Airport Time Capsule: (https://manuals.info.apple.com/MANUALS/1000/MA1645/en_US/airport_time_capsule_80211ac_setup.pdf)
"When you connect Ethernet cables to the Ethernet ports, the lights above them glow solid green."

The fact that the Time Capsule does not show there is a link, and the Epson status light seems to agree with that, for me seems a clear indication something is still wrong there.

@Harry, did you try connecting the printer directly to your iMac and your iMac directly to the same port on the Time Capsule with the cable your are using now? I'd be interested to know what combinations give a link and which ones do not show a link.

berserk

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Some years ago I connected my printer to my OP-system just by choosing network on printer, installed the drivers (not EpsonNet.config" - created a printer in OP - and voila. However after a restart OP-system did not find the printer. DHCP - had trouble. In manual it said use a "Static IP" if trouble - and voila i t worked all the time. Then I bought a repeater and fiddled - of cause that one also needed a another fix IP.

I think that if Jorik is right that You, Harry, is not familiar with the somewhat cryptic methods of setting IP etc on the 3880.

To test DO PRINT THE -->"Epson Network Status Sheets" direct on the printer and we make a contact.

PM me Your phone-number! Have the status sheets ready and stay by the printer.

However - Jorik - You seems to know the secrets of "apple-talk" and "Airport Time Capsule" and other moon-landers on iMac so You might be helpful in that way how to "create a printer" for that or tell me what the ...ll Apple has done to "simplify" the networking. What are the purpose of "apple talk" and ""Airport Time Capsule". Is there a way of throwing it away and doing it the standard "normal way" that is howto undress those things.

(In Sweden we give fancy Macs and lipsticks to our wifes - Vikings use Linux or the lazy middle-thumbs might spend money on Windows.)

So Have Your phone ready, Harry - I'll PM You my phone number as well!

Cheers!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
(In Sweden we give fancy Macs and lipsticks to our wifes - Vikings use Linux or the lazy middle-thumbs might spend money on Windows.)
@berserk, I must be the lazy one so, because I’ve retired from Mac’s and settled down nicely with Windows, O’ don’t bother to invade because I got a good view of the sea and I can run into the hills at the first sign of a longboat and sail... :weee :p :p :p

berserk

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
No longboats are planned this summer.
We have got enough for the moment!
That is - party, home berserking and making babies all the time!