insight on refilling

BNDAZ

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
You did not taking the advice you were given, we clearly stated to buy through AliExpress and not Alibaba.com.

You can use your OEM carts first then when near empty transfer the chip from the compatible carts and then refill, refunds are never given on Alibaba for single purchases, accept your mistake and move on..

"accept your mistake"
Wow, if you look back in the thread, the SECOND post (stratman ) indicated
i should look at "Refillable, larger capacity cartridges. Third party ARC cartridges on Alibaba"

No one (YOU) countered that direction, the 20 day later stratman on july 26th stated i should direct my question "at The Hat who does buy from Alibaba and refills his Maxify"
Again, you didnt not You did not make any definitive statement countering that statement either.
You responded with links to certain products on Aliexpress, by then i had already ordered from Alibaba, and at NO point did you anyone say specifically, Do NOT Buy from Alibaba.

I have no issue if i dont get a refund, in fact i think i figured out how these work anyway, but to imply that i somehow intentionally did not follow direction and purchased from Alibaba is ludicrous.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I have never ordered from Alibaba, Express or otherwise. That Is why I recommended you talk with The Hat who has ordered from the Chinese knock-off Amazon. I do not keep track of all his source preferences and so did not know or recall he advises the Express site.

The Hat did provide you with a link to AliExpress in post #24, but you had already bought your set on Alibaba.

InkStainedFingers does mention AliExpress as the more conventional site for single unit purchases versus Alibaba in post #26, but you had already ordered your cartridges.

No one here purposefully tried to mislead you. I may have done exactly as you and purchased off of Alibaba, maybe from the same site you did.

If your cartridges do not refill appropriately, and the aholes do not correct their error, then hopefully the ARC chips work properly once swapped onto your OEM cartridges as The Hat suggested. Keep the OEM Canon chips and label them by what color cartridge they came from in case the Chinese ARC chips do not function as expected.

Hang in there.

BNDAZ

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
@stratman Thank you for the response i appreciate your input and the advice regarding labeling the stock chips i dont think anyone purposely mislead me, but i felt a bit chastised as it i had intentionally "not talking the advice you were given">
Ill update as to the result of the escalated dispute and if i am successful with the carts and or switching of the ARC chips.

BNDAZ

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have never ordered from Alibaba, Express or otherwise. That Is why I recommended you talk with The Hat who has ordered from the Chinese knock-off Amazon. I do not keep track of all his source preferences and so did not know or recall he advises the Express site.

The Hat did provide you with a link to AliExpress in post #24, but you had already bought your set on Alibaba.

InkStainedFingers does mention AliExpress as the more conventional site for single unit purchases versus Alibaba in post #26, but you had already ordered your cartridges.

No one here purposefully tried to mislead you. I may have done exactly as you and purchased off of Alibaba, maybe from the same site you did.

If your cartridges do not refill appropriately, and the aholes do not correct their error, then hopefully the ARC chips work properly once swapped onto your OEM cartridges as The Hat suggested. Keep the OEM Canon chips and label them by what color cartridge they came from in case the Chinese ARC chips do not function as expected.

Hang in there.
So, i was able to change out the carts without issue, printed a couple pages but then received a b504 error, i have followed the directions on the printer, i have followed the directions on several refilling sites, i havent hard reset the printer yet. will try that later when i have more time.
I understand this is a overheat protection for the print heads error when no ink flows, but all tanks are fill and indicate as such.

Any insight?

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
b504 error,

I understand this is a overheat protection for the print heads error when no ink flows, but all tanks are fill and indicate as such.
DO NOT PRINT ANYTHING OTHER THAN A NOZZLE CHECK UNTIL THE INK FLOW ISSUE IS RESOLVED.

You described the error properly - an overheating print head due to no ink flow.

Just because there is ink in the cartridges does not mean ink will flow.

Exactly why your cartridges are not flowing ink is unknown to me, though best bet with a new third party cartridge is that air is not allowed inside the cartridges to replace the outflow of ink from the cartridge during printing/purging. Negative pressure is built up and ink stops flowing. Make sure there is no cellophane tape covering ventilation that is supposed to be removed before use. Make sure the refill plug(s) are in their proper holes. Of course the problem may be design flaw that may not be surmountable.

Something some people here recommend when there is a flow issue is to gently squeeze the cartridge to see if ink drips out easily. Depending on how difficult it is to get some dripping is an indicator of the problem. Not sure this will give much info but it is something you can try and report back.

It could be the best solution is swapping the ARC chips onto the OEM Canon cartridges or obtaining different third party cartridges.

Hopefully you will get some other recommendations. You might also photograph the cartridges from multiple angles, including close-up, and post here so we can get a better idea on these cartridges.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
So, i was able to change out the carts without issue, printed a couple pages but then received a b504 error, i have followed the directions on the printer, i have followed the directions on several refilling sites, i havent hard reset the printer yet. will try that later when i have more time.
Put back your OEM carts then turn off the printer and power back on, that error should clear, but whatever you do don’t hard reset the printer, totally unnecessary..

BNDAZ

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Put back your OEM carts then turn off the printer and power back on, that error should clear, but whatever you do don’t hard reset the printer, totally unnecessary..
I tried that, but as soon as i put the aftermarket carts back in, same error.

After some back and forth with the seller on Alibaba and and escalation through "Trade assurance" i was refunded.
sSince they dont want the carts back i am going to switch the chips over to the stock tanks and go from there.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
What I said :-
Put back your OEM carts then turn off the printer and power back on, that error should clear
The problem was with an issue given by the compatible carts and not the printer, so by reinserting the original OEM carts that would have solved the issue…

BNDAZ

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
What I said :-

The problem was with an issue given by the compatible carts and not the printer, so by reinserting the original OEM carts that would have solved the issue…
you have repeated to insert OEMs.
The OEMS are empty, i tried it again, i get an error that the are low /empty, error b504 IS gone, but it reappears as soon as i insert the refilled carts.

ADDITIONALLY, as it goes through the cycle of checking for flow, the BLACK is completely emptied by the machine,

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@BNDAZ, Your printer may have an updated Firmware and if so you may not be able to use ARC chips, but I’ve never heard of that happening yet with the maxify, so for now refill all the OEM carts and and run with ink monitoring disabled, you will need to buy a set of aftermarket carts, before you can try the ARC chips on the OEM carts again…

Latest posts