insight on refilling

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The carts you ordered are much the same as the ones on AliExpress, so they should work out fine , just don’t over fill them.. You must also wait till the chip shows empty, then remove and replace to reset, regardless of ink levels..

BNDAZ

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
OK, thank you >
Is there a fill line designated on the catridges themselves or is a speciffic volume i should use?

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
The instructions below are what came with mine. There are two plugs on each cart - top clear coloured and a coloured plug for each ink colour. My understanding is that you remove the clear plug and leave the coloured plug in, then when finished filling you put the clear plug back and remove the coloured one just before installing in the printer. This presumably created a negative pressure in the cartridge to help with the ink flow.

From memory I filled mine to where I have marked with a red line in the attached photo. That is a lot lesss than the 80% they mention in the document below but I wanted to keep the level below the coloured "air hole" vent. There is a plastic internal rib there which helps to judge the level. The Chinese carts work fine but some inclusing myself have had them leak a bit from time to time. Now I use the OEM carts with a set of ARC chips on them. I weigh them when filling and they seem to work well.

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 16.51.06.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 00.06.56.png

BNDAZ

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The instructions below are what came with mine. There are two plugs on each cart - top clear coloured and a coloured plug for each ink colour. My understanding is that you remove the clear plug and leave the coloured plug in, then when finished filling you put the clear plug back and remove the coloured one just before installing in the printer. This presumably created a negative pressure in the cartridge to help with the ink flow.

From memory I filled mine to where I have marked with a red line in the attached photo. That is a lot lesss than the 80% they mention in the document below but I wanted to keep the level below the coloured "air hole" vent. There is a plastic internal rib there which helps to judge the level. The Chinese carts work fine but some inclusing myself have had them leak a bit from time to time. Now I use the OEM carts with a set of ARC chips on them. I weigh them when filling and they seem to work well.
Mine arrived with similar instructions:
b9ba4eab3629251f53074fa27bf92eee.jpg

i do have a question:
After the initial refill process and the tank(s) need to be refilled, should the (colored) airhole plugs be placed BACK before the fill plugs are removed to fill the tank?(and then removed again after filling and replacing fill plugs?

BNDAZ

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Ive run into an issue:
According to the direction ive seen i should remove the clear plug, refill and then replace,this includes ( poor) direction by the manufacturer then remove the colored plug.
I began to do that when i discovered the "hole" behind the clear plug has no outlet into the tank, its just a short depth tube.( Blue arrow)
I was able to refill the tank through the hole behind the colored plug. In this pic ive replaced them both.
I'm not sure of i messed something up or if i should proceed?
HX71VhV

Attachments

• 2019-08-27 14_48_22.jpg
    2019-08-27 14_48_22.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 517

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
i discovered the "hole" behind the clear plug has no outlet into the tank, its just a short depth tube.( Blue arrow)
Your picture of your cartridge in post #35 does not look like your picture in your post #34. Why?

Is this a case of not buying your cartridges from the same place as your previous post or a really bad Chinese knock-off of a Chinese knock-off?

BNDAZ

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Your picture of your cartridge in post #35 does not look like your picture in your post #34. Why?

Is this a case of not buying your cartridges from the same place as your previous post or a really bad Chinese knock-off of a Chinese knock-off?
the picture I posted is the picture the supplier sent me after I inquired about filling instructions.
the one i posted with the arrows is the style i received.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The cartridges do not appear to be the same design. If so, the seller switched up cartridges on you.

Have you asked the seller why you received materially different cartridges than he advertised as well as how to solve your issue?

Unless someone already has these designed cartridges, I do not have enough info on how to answer your question. I recommend you talk with the seller.

What is the link to these cartridges on the internet?

BNDAZ

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I did ,i simply said that they weren't the same and the refill-instructions did not work, i asked for a full refund. They rejected that proposal and said they wanted video evidence of trying to refill the cart>
lol, it doesn't accept video so i uploaded still shots of the carts i received showing the obvious placement(different) that advertised along with the picture they sent as instruction, again showing different placement of ink/fill holes/plugs>
I simply said the cartridges are not the same one pictured and the full instructions are unclear and not accurate.
Will see how this works out, i can escalate it through trade assurance if they refuse.
here is the link for the carts i purchased
https://www.alibaba.com/product-det...a2756.order-detail-ta-bn-b.0.0.79022fc2wohzhy

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I did ,i simply said that they weren't the same and the refill-instructions did not work, i asked for a full refund. They rejected that proposal and said they wanted video evidence of trying to refill the cart>
You did not taking the advice you were given, we clearly stated to buy through AliExpress and not Alibaba.com.

You can use your OEM carts first then when near empty transfer the chip from the compatible carts and then refill, refunds are never given on Alibaba for single purchases, accept your mistake and move on..

Latest posts