1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Picture Of The Week (POW) Information and Submissions
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Official PK Poll: Is there any future in refilling?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. PK Featured Thread: Best precision printer
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice

insight on refilling

Discussion in 'Retail Refillers Forum' started by BNDAZ, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Aug 4, 2019
    The Hat

The Hat Printer VIP Moderator

Printer Model:
    Canon were, BUT 3D is better..
    The carts you ordered are much the same as the ones on AliExpress, so they should work out fine , just don’t over fill them.. You must also wait till the chip shows empty, then remove and replace to reset, regardless of ink levels..

Ink stained Fingers and PeterBJ like this.
  2. Aug 5, 2019
    BNDAZ

BNDAZ Getting Fingers Dirty

OK, thank you >
    Is there a fill line designated on the catridges themselves or is a speciffic volume i should use?

3. Aug 6, 2019
    Redbrickman

Redbrickman Printer Master

Printer Model:
    MB5150
    The instructions below are what came with mine. There are two plugs on each cart - top clear coloured and a coloured plug for each ink colour. My understanding is that you remove the clear plug and leave the coloured plug in, then when finished filling you put the clear plug back and remove the coloured one just before installing in the printer. This presumably created a negative pressure in the cartridge to help with the ink flow.

From memory I filled mine to where I have marked with a red line in the attached photo. That is a lot lesss than the 80% they mention in the document below but I wanted to keep the level below the coloured "air hole" vent. There is a plastic internal rib there which helps to judge the level. The Chinese carts work fine but some inclusing myself have had them leak a bit from time to time. Now I use the OEM carts with a set of ARC chips on them. I weigh them when filling and they seem to work well.

Screen Shot 2017-10-19 at 16.51.06.png

Screen Shot 2017-10-20 at 00.06.56.png

PeterBJ, The Hat and stratman like this.
  4. Aug 12, 2019
    BNDAZ

BNDAZ Getting Fingers Dirty

Mine arrived with similar instructions:
    [​IMG]

i do have a question:
    After the initial refill process and the tank(s) need to be refilled, should the (colored) airhole plugs be placed BACK before the fill plugs are removed to fill the tank?(and then removed again after filling and replacing fill plugs?