Inks for HP Designjet 100plus

Micky Faas

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Designjet 110plus nr
Hello,

I'm looking for some advise on refill inks for my HP Designjet 110plus. It's a fairly old printer (but super large!) that uses seperate C, M, Y and K tanks and seperate printheads.
The OEM black is pigmented, the others are dye.
Currently I'm thinking about ordering a set of easily refillable carts with an auto reset chip and buying either OCP or InkTec inks, which I've read good things about (and the price is good too).

I would like to try out some applications for this printer (I got it for free) such as photo printing, b/w photos and 'artsy' prints on think uncoated matte paper.

I've got quite a stack of Ilford paper left for my (pigmented, dead) epson printer, but I'm concerned about the combination of dye/pigment inks. So my questions are, sumarized:
- Would I be able to use this printer for one or more of the above mentioned applications?
- Would you recommend either OCP or Inktec for this printer?
- What would I gain refilling with either only dye-ink or only pigment inks? It that even possible?

Thanks!

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
Not an answer to all your questions....

"Typically", using dye ink in a print head designed for pigment ink presents few problems.
"Typically", using pigment ink in a print head designed for dye ink will greatly increase the probability of clogging.

Uncoated papers absorb dye ink differently than coated papers, promoting diffusion of the ink "dots". You will have to try you ink-paper combination at different driver paper settings to determine the results, starting a lowest quality printing a working up to more ink sprayed per unit area. DO NOT LET THE INK FORM "PUDDLES" ON THE PAPER SURFACE!