InkRepublic 3800 i-Refill vs. 3880 i-Refill.

Wiewer

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi.

I would like to ask, if i can use InkRepublic 3800 i-Refill cart system, with Epson pro 3880 printer.

If it can not be used, what are the differences, between these two systems...InkRepublic 3800 i-Refill vs. InkRepublic 3880 i-Refill.

Cartridges are physically the same these two systems, inks are the same, IRK4-nano Ink, except magentas?
Is there something difference, with those two chips (chip algorithm) and printers firmwares.

My problem is...

I bought that 3800 i-Refill system a month ago, to my Epson pro 3800 printer, which is now dead (main board broken) also printhead has damaged.
It was an old printer, from my workplace.

My plans now, is to buy a new Epson pro 3880, do you have any tips, to use that 3800 system, with 3880 printer, if thats possible.

Do you know, is there any possibilities, to purchase only those two chips, from InkRepublics.

Any advices and tips are welcome.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I am sure you need your OEM 3880 chips which of course you don't have. You never ran OEM carts on your 3880?
I do not believe they will sell you two of the chips you need. But you can always check.
Your other option is to look on Ebay as sometimes people are selling empty 3880 carts for a few bucks. They actually contain about 10-13ml of ink in them when "Empty"