inkpad reset for workforce 630

JOSECK

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi, I have used my epson workforce 630 4 months now I have reset inkpad counters five times now. When I reset another time, I get the 'end of life' message on trying to use it, meaning it needs reset again. I noticed the reset program by epson does not reset the ink pad counters to zero. Is there anything other free way I can reset it?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Short answer... No.

1. I checked compatibility and the WICReset tool is compatible but you have to buy a key... ($10 max)
2. You can get it serviced at a service centre where they'll charge you stupid money ($50+ approx) for doing the same thing as the WICReset.
3. You can look for the AdjProg utility (if one is available) but chances are that will also set you back around $20+

As for why I'd recommend paying and getting it over with:
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/profile.php?id=649

Oh and don't forget to deal with the waste ink... It doesn't just up and walk out with a cheery wave ;)

Not what you wanted to hear I'm sure but reality pays the bills.. Hope it helps regardless.

Martin

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
JOSECK said:
I have used my epson workforce 630 4 months now I have reset inkpad counters five times now. When I reset another time, I get the 'end of life' message on trying to use it, meaning it needs reset again.
I've just backed up and re-read your original post...

Can I check... you have reset your printers waste ink counter FOUR times already?
Do you mean that the printer has indicated that it's reached service required four times, or that you've simply reset it that many times as a precaution?
Also, what did you use to reset it? If you're referring to the Epson IPR utility that you can access in North America, you should be aware that it doesn't do a complete reset, only a partial one.

I'd be genuinely interested to know how much printing you've been doing, as well as the number of cartridge changes (or CIS resets if that's more appropriate to your setup) and printhead cleans to get to that stage.

If nothing else it indicates my hunch about the service life of these printers is reducing exponentially... Ouch!

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
I do a ton of printing but 4 month????? Something can't be right!

JOSECK

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
websnail and jtoolman

Thank you for your replies, I have always reset the ink pads upon receiving the message of 'end of life....' I have also used the free reset programme provided by epson company. I noticed that every time I reset the time it takes to require another reduces until it reached a level where the message for reset appears on trying to print the 1st copy. I don't really do a lot.
Is any other free way that resets the ink pad counters completely?

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
JOSECK said:
websnail and jtoolman

Thank you for your replies, I have always reset the ink pads upon receiving the message of 'end of life....' I have also used the free reset programme provided by epson company. I noticed that every time I reset the time it takes to require another reduces until it reached a level where the message for reset appears on trying to print the 1st copy. I don't really do a lot.
You've obviously hit the point where the IPR Epson utility is no longer effective.. This is deliberate and it's effectively Epson covering its backside in forcing you to work outside of warranty completely, take to a service centre or buy a new printer.

Is any other free way that resets the ink pad counters completely?
As per my first reply... No... no options... Everything that is available is either the WICreset requiring a key or an AdjProg (if a valid one has been released). The thing to note is that either option would reset your counters completely to zero unlike the IPR, which would have reduced the counter by around 40% the first time and less with each subsequent reset.