Inkjet printing - drying of nozzles

bluenite

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP Designjet 30
I am considering buying a new printer for home use, with a small amount of printing. Major manufacturers (Canon/Epson/HP/Brother) are constantly improving their systems, but I'm mainly interested in drying nozzles. Among other things, the cartridges price, original or compatible. Will anyone share the experience? Or look at a color laser, no photo quality printing?
Does anyone know a good sites/blogs with verified opinions on printers?
Thanks for answers
Peter

turbguy

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i960, Canon i9900
All inkjet printers can suffer from "drying nozzles". All such printers have a "parking/cleaning" station for the print head that is "supposed" to seal the nozzles from ambient airflow between print sessions.

For black text/line drawing doc printing, a laser printer is less trouble and can be less expensive "per click (sheet)" than using OEM ink carts. With refilling inkjet carts, paper becomes the largest expense, by far.

That said, YMMV.

pearlhouse

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon mx892 & mx922
All inkjet printers can suffer from dried nozzles. To avoid this you need to print a full sheet ( test sheet) at least once every week or two to keep keep nozzles clear. Find a printer that has the features you desire and then check for availability of compatible carts for better price.