websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
costadinos said:
websnail said:
Important point noted... the waste tank needs to be on the same level as your printer.. If they are on a lower level they will promote a syphon.
Since the waste tank is an open system (has nothing to do with pressure differential like the CISS does), it shouldn't matter where it's placed, the original tubing ends on the pads that are placed in the bottom of the printer anyway.
It's actually not the tank placement so much as the tube leading from the waste system. If you allow a head of ink/fluid to build in the tubing such that it reaches a point greater than the pressure holding the ink in place, it creates a syphon. As both Joe and myself have noted, it doesn't take a huge amount...

And there are several different designs that all work well. The one I got from your store is a rectangular box that sits on the same level as the printer does (or am I mistaken?), therefore at a lower position than the cartridges inside the printer. The one sold by IR is a bottle installed vertically, the top of it is higher than the cartridge level.
You got my kit right... it is the box type (with valve, etc..). All are the same in this regard though... you don't want to be installing a kit lower than the level the printer is at.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
My CISS for the Artisan 725 has to be placed inches above the printer base or all the ink will be pulled out of the carts. By using the bubble method I found the perfect height. Do not believe for a second that there is an etched in stone height for the CISS to be placed at. It is quite a delicate balance that you have to simply find by experimentation.

If the CISS is slightly too high it will allow ink to freely flow into and through the head through the purge pad, and when you restart it will need to purge that ink out. Depending of the printer, it might even flow directly into the waste ink system. Sometimes the printer itself has to be raised a bit if you cannon get the CISS any lower. In other words you have to do what is needed to achieve that magic balance.

Actually it does. If you have sealed the print head onto the Purge Pad, and there is ink build up there, you will create a slow drip into the bottle. Believe me this happened to about 5 of my printers when I wetted the purge pad and parked the head onto it. I have about 200 ml of ink symply drain out on to the bottles

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You are very welcome to disagree said the spider to the fly..

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Can I submit there may be a bit of both adhesion and coherence going on, although I suspect more of the latter than the former...

*My application to be a UN peacekeeper is in the post ;)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
websnail said:
Can I submit there may be a bit of both adhesion and coherence going on, although I suspect more of the latter than the former...

*My application to be a UN peacekeeper is in the post ;)
What like a Spiderman stand-in..?
Thats a very sticky situation to find oneself in.. :lol: