Ink Products HP C410a CIS Review

PsyckoSama

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well, just got my new CIS and set it up. This is my first CIS so it wasn't quite as easy as it looks. Removing the chips was a bit of a pain, seems HP has redesigned the cartridges with a lip to discourage chip removal but they provided a nice little mini-pry bar to get them off. Used it to lift the edges and then slip the dental floss tool they send (available 50 for a dollar at your local Dollar General! :p) under the edge and work it the rest of the way off. Aligning them was then as pain but after a few tries I got it. Glad I didn't try super gluing them on. That would have lead to tears.

One thing that I need to note is this printer is almost PERFECT for a CIS. The way that the opening handles are designed, if you unscrew and remove the right handle it makes a little window gap that is just large enough to allow the hoses of the CIS to access the interior of the printer without mucking about with pads, lifters or any of that such nonsense.

They also leaked ink like crazy, even when the caps were in... but from the sound of it that just seems to be part of working with printers also along those notes any idea how to remove printer ink from a pair of pants and what is good for washing it off your hands?

Back on subject, when I started, print quality was very bad and it refused to align. After spending a good hour messing with it I found out it was because the printer sits a little too low in relation to the tanks. Slip a couple DVD cases under it and it prints perfectly.

So far it seems to be a good set. Once I figure out how to get the wireless printing up I have a mountain of card stock models to print and other such little printable pieces of madness. I'll keep you all informed.

Pics once I find my camera.

PsyckoSama

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well a couple days later there is no leakage and the printer is working well. I've taken a couple pictures attached below. I would like to add I installed HPs software bloat package off their website to ensure I have everything but intend to delete it soon. I also disabled the ink level check, which was shockingly easy. Just push setup, go into preferences, and click cartage chip info and after a small warning it goes right off and will never bother you again.

Seriously, I have to say that once you have the printer actually set up and going this system is extremely CISS friendly in its design.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q99/PsyckoSama/HPIM0559.jpg

This is the printer closed. I keep the box over it to keep the Ink out of direct sunlight from my window to ensure that the UV light doesn't fade the ink at all. I also keep the tubs capped unless I'm printing in order to prevent any evaporation.

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q99/PsyckoSama/HPIM0561.jpg

This is inside the printer to show off the CISS. Yes, I know the cartridges are a bit inked up but cut me some slack, it was my first install!

http://i134.photobucket.com/albums/q99/PsyckoSama/HPIM0560.jpg

This is an image of where I removed the right lift handle. As you can see it is perfectly sized for giving the ink tubes unrestricted access to the interior of the printer without any fuss. Take this one little part off and I swear this printer is perfectly designed for a CISS system.

PsyckoSama

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Well its a couple months later and its still working well with no noticeable problems. Printed off some pictures and a whole bunch of books so far.

Tigerman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG5640, iX6840
can you tell us from where got your CISS system?

inkoholic

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Bahah, looks like a cool ink guzzler :D You can just fill the tanks with quality ink (precision colors?) and print away? I'm really interested in what the print quality is like in comparison to the "normal" setup :)