InDesign Color-profile Problems on MAC - Canon Pro-10

Cinevit

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10
Has anyone printed from Indesign on Mac to Canon Pro-10? I'm having a problem with a color profile. The colors on the images are all off. It looks like there is a double profiling going on. In InDesign Print pannel "Let InDesign determine colors" is selected (anyway it's the only choice in the drop-down menu). But when I go to "Printer" settings in the Color-matching section, the color-matching is not disabled (not grayed out) - like it would be if I print using Photoshop. How to disable color management in the printer driver when using InDesign on Mac? Or how to solve this problem? Please help. :hu

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You wouldn’t by any chance be using CYMK instead of RGB, its an easy setting mistake to overlook, another work around would be to copy your project into photoshop and print from there where you have better colour control..

Cinevit

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10
I haven't really been messing up with InDesign color settings keeping them at the default. Should I?
I was trying to post screen grabs of Indesign Print panel here, but I don't know how to do it on this form...

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
but I don't know how to do it on this form...
It’s simple, just click on the big black button (Upload a File) on the bottom of the thread..
Capture3.PNG

Cinevit

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10
Screen grabs:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 10.00.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 10.00.58 AM.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 499
  • Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 10.01.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 10.01.41 AM.png
    66 KB · Views: 415

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Have you got anything like this in your print driver selection, and if all else fails Copy/Paste to Photoshop to print without any print loss...
9th print.jpg click to enlarge..

Cinevit

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-10
I have this one (attached image). The thing is I want to print a booklet and InDesign has a special mode that helps with it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 1.36.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-12 at 1.36.02 PM.png
    105.6 KB · Views: 452

cupsrus

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon PRO-4000 & PRO 1000
When you first created your InDesign document, did you create it with a built-in template, or just created a custom size?

I've found that when I'm using InDesign to print in my shop I create the print document as an RGB document by using the "Web" selection in the new document dialog window.
If you create the document that way it will be an RGB file and if you are placing and RGB image it will not be converted to CMYK.
You can also change the mode from CMYK to RGB in InDesign in an already created document by going to "Edit>Transparency Blend Space" and selecting RGB.

This is assuming that your images are RGB images.
If your images are in CMYK mode then I'd use CMYK for the InDesign document also.
Another step to do would be to make sure your creative suite apps are synced color space-wise by using Bridge, but that's also assuming that your are using the Creative Suite.

J D Griggs

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1000
Has anyone printed from Indesign on Mac to Canon Pro-10? I'm having a problem with a color profile. The colors on the images are all off. It looks like there is a double profiling going on. In InDesign Print pannel "Let InDesign determine colors" is selected (anyway it's the only choice in the drop-down menu). But when I go to "Printer" settings in the Color-matching section, the color-matching is not disabled (not grayed out) - like it would be if I print using Photoshop. How to disable color management in the printer driver when using InDesign on Mac? Or how to solve this problem? Please help. :hu
I have the same issue printing from InDesign to my Canon Pro-1000. I believe the problem is that EITHER InDesign does not turn off Color Management in the Canon Printer Driver, OR the Canon Printer Driver does not respond to InDesign's attempt to turn of Color Management. So it's the usual dilemma. Canon Tech Support will tell you it is an InDesign bug. Adobe Tech Support will tell you it's a bug in the Canon Printer Driver. Either way, we are stuck with an unsolvable issue. I have found a tedious workaround.... export your file from InDesign to a [PDF/X-4:2008]. Then open the PDF in Photoshop. Print the PDF from Photoshop and the color management works properly!!! I think that this may really be a Canon Printer Driver bug, in that the Printer Driver does not give you the option to turn of color management when printing directly from InDesign.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
InDesign is a program that works just the same as Illustratordoes and its because they are so adaptable for all kinds of colour work that they are so well liked.

They were originally designed and created for the Print industry, but they can be used in many different ways, and it’s up to the user to find their own work around, of which there are quite a few..

P.S. they were never meant to be used with the colour management turn off, otherwise you might as well use MS Paint..