I'm A Convert! PEI Heated Spring Steel Bed Plate Surface

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@The Hat I think you will have problems with heating and it wil take a long time to heat up through the glass and magnetic sheet. I guess the only way to know is to try it out.
The bed was heating for over an hour, so it had reached 45c.. Sure @Nifty uses his with no heat, mine will only work with glue..
. You first layer is not squished enough.
O’ it was, in fact the extruder was skipping quite bit on the first layer..
I think that @The Hat experience proves that PEI-steel sheets on a printer designed for glass beds will give problems sooner or later, provided that it works at all. Likewise for using glass beds on printers designed for PEI/flex steel sheet. To each his own.
I’m getting the feelings of sour grapes here, why ? :hide
Not everything in life works for everyone, it would be very boring if it did.. :D

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
I think that @The Hat experience proves that PEI-steel sheets on a printer designed for glass beds will give problems sooner or later, provided that it works at all. Likewise for using glass beds on printers designed for PEI/flex steel sheet. To each his own.
I have a magnetic sheet and a steel plate with PEI working on my CR10 for the last 2 years with no problems. It heats faster than it did with the glass plate too.