.Icc profiles for Epson on my canon Pro 100

deccma

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 100
I downloaded icc profiles for epson premium luster paper for pc color ink. there are four of them available but not sure which one to use for epson epson premium paper 1270-2000P . I want to use it to print on my canon Pro 100 printer to print 13 X 26 prints.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
pc color ink
I had to use my The Hat Decoder Ring, a little more detail would have been appropriate,but I think I understand. However, if my first assumption is incorrect then nothing is trustworthy.

1) You are using Precision Colors inks with a Canon Pro 100 printer.

2) You have Epson premium paper, but you do not tell us WHICH premium paper it is. However, you included "1270-2000P " which appear to be two different Epson printer models. That may mean the paper is optimized for those two printer models.

3) You stated there are FOUR different ICM's for Epson premium type papers. This makes me think you are looking at Precision Color's older inkset ICM's:

"Profiles for the Older ( Prior May 2019) PC42G inkset"

This is bcause there are four ICM's on that page and only TWO ICM of r a Premium paper on the newer inksets:

Profiles for Newest ( May 2019) PC42 Signature Edition inkset

The FOUR ICM profiles for the OLDER inksets include the following Premium ICM's:

Other Papers Standard D50 IlluminationD65
Illumination
Fluorescent
Cool White
Fluorescent
Daylight
Tungsten
Illumination
Media Setting
Epson Premium GlossyDownloadDownloadDownloadDownloadDownloadOther Glossy Paper
Epson Premium Semi GlossDownloadDownloadDownloadDownloadDownloadPhoto Paper Plus
Semi Gloss
Epson Ultra Premium LusterDownloadDownloadDownloadDownloadDownloadPhoto Paper Pro Luster
Epson Ultra Premium Presentation MatteDownloadDownloadDownloadDownloadDownloadMatte Photo Paper

NOTE: The Rows above a little skewed from the Colum headers, so be mindful which "Download" link goes with which lighting/illumination ICM.

What you want to do:
  • What type of Premium paper is it - Glossy, Semi Gloss, Luster, or Presentation Matte? Should say on the box the paper came in.
  • Next, download the ICM for the lighting you will be displaying the printed image under. - Standard D50, D65, Fluorescent Cool White, Fluorescent Daylight, or Tungsten.
  • Install your custom ICM.
  • Set your printer's Media Setting to the proper Media Type as stated in the final column above.
  • Print. Try different lighting/illumination ICM's if you'd like. Experiment.

deccma

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 100
I had to use my The Hat Decoder Ring, a little more detail would have been appropriate,but I think I understand. However, if my first assumption is incorrect then nothing is trustworthy.

1) You are using Precision Colors inks with a Canon Pro 100 printer.

2) You have Epson premium paper, but you do not tell us WHICH premium paper it is. However, you included "1270-2000P " which appear to be two different Epson printer models. That may mean the paper is optimized for those two printer models.

3) You stated there are FOUR different ICM's for Epson premium type papers. This makes me think you are looking at Precision Color's older inkset ICM's:

"Profiles for the Older ( Prior May 2019) PC42G inkset"

This is bcause there are four ICM's on that page and only TWO ICM of r a Premium paper on the newer inksets:

Profiles for Newest ( May 2019) PC42 Signature Edition inkset

The FOUR ICM profiles for the OLDER inksets include the following Premium ICM's:

Other Papers Standard D50 IlluminationD65
Illumination
Fluorescent
Cool White
Fluorescent
Daylight
Tungsten
Illumination
Media Setting
Epson Premium GlossyDownloadDownloadDownloadDownloadDownloadOther Glossy Paper
Epson Premium Semi GlossDownloadDownloadDownloadDownloadDownloadPhoto Paper Plus
Semi Gloss
Epson Ultra Premium LusterDownloadDownloadDownloadDownloadDownloadPhoto Paper Pro Luster
Epson Ultra Premium Presentation MatteDownloadDownloadDownloadDownloadDownloadMatte Photo Paper

NOTE: The Rows above a little skewed from the Colum headers, so be mindful which "Download" link goes with which lighting/illumination ICM.

What you want to do:
  • What type of Premium paper is it - Glossy, Semi Gloss, Luster, or Presentation Matte? Should say on the box the paper came in.
  • Next, download the ICM for the lighting you will be displaying the printed image under. - Standard D50, D65, Fluorescent Cool White, Fluorescent Daylight, or Tungsten.
  • Install your custom ICM.
  • Set your printer's Media Setting to the proper Media Type as stated in the final column above.
  • Print. Try different lighting/illumination ICM's if you'd like. Experiment.
I'm sorry for the omission;. I just had purchased the paper on Ebay and those numbers were in the description which iI had thought to be the part number. Now checking it out on the internet the actual is SO41409 Epson preimum luster paper.
I will be using the New PC ink sets. Thank you for taking the time to help me out.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
SO41409 Epson preimum luster paper. I will be using the New PC ink sets.
OK. So you are using the NEW PC inkset that has FIVE different PREMIUM ICC's, not the old inkset that has just the four premium paper ICM's that you stated. At least we were in the ballpark. With the more and better information, now you're up at bat.

EPSON ICC Profiles Paper Setting
Zipped Package Quality : HIGH

Premium Photo Paper GlossyDownloadPhoto Paper Plus Glossy II
Premium Photo Paper Semi GlossDownloadPhoto Paper Plus Semi Gloss
Ultra Premium Photo Paper LusterDownloadPhoto Paper Plus Semi Gloss
Epson Premium LusterDownloadPhoto Paper Plus Semi Gloss
Ultra Premium Presentation Paper MatteDownloadMatte Photo Paper

Inside the zipped file are ICM's for each of the lighting / illumination conditions. As per my previous post above, chose the most appropriate lighting condition ICM that your print will be under while on display.