i1 Studio vs. Datacolor Spyder Print Profile comparisons

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
This is a feature you won't get from any other profiling package
Are you referring to the the holes in the Spyder gamut?

Funny you should post on your old thread today. I reread this thread this morning!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
We got a few more odd profiles but not that well defined as this one, the Spyder software is not rejecting apparent scan errors causing such deviations.

claas

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson sure 700 and 600
Please excuse me for rehashing this tweet, I found you in Google search. Today is the last Black Friday day and the Datacolor SpyderPrint
is offered for €198.
I would like to create ICC profiles. Up to now I have always done this through a service provider. Since I often change the types of paper, I thought of buying a device for creating ICC profiles myself. The devices from x-rite are of higher quality, but also much more expensive. Now my question is, what are the experiences with the Datacolor SpyderPrint? Can you speak of usable results?

The ICC Profile Service uses high-end devices from x-rite. Are the results of Datacolor SpyderPrint that far off?

Sorry that I'm misusing you as buying advice.

Best regards, Claas

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
Please get the essence of this thread - members here consider the Datac.......... profiling package as rather ........You may look alternatively for a used i1Studio or ColorMunki package if cost is a rather big concern for you.
And you could use the freeware ArgyllCMS software together with an i1 pro1 or Pro2 spectrometer if you can handle command line input.

Last edited:

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
I remember the first datacolor spyder print tool, what a joke it was back then i1pro wss available. In the later revisions instead of improving the tool, the changed the look of the instrument added bells and whistles and thats it.