I needed the new ix4000 because... (help me out here)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
nifty-stuff.com said:
hahahaha

queue the "sad goodbye" music
Just so long as you don't sing along Rob... We're still trying to forget that office Christmas Party... *shudder* ;)

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
I wonder when you print black does your ix4000 use pigment ink only for text as in other canon printers? I ask this because is does not have a separate black cartridge and if you print photos I wonder how good they are compared so other canon non photo printers.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Smile said:
I wonder when you print black does your ix4000 use pigment ink only for text as in other canon printers? I ask this because is does not have a separate black cartridge and if you print photos I wonder how good they are compared so other canon non photo printers.
Well to be fair to the printer it did a reasonable job when I printed out on plain paper but I never tried it out on photo paper or really "looked" at the results beyond checking for banding, etc...

From what I remember though the photos I did put out on it were reasonable quality and so long as the original image had the resolution, didn't suffer from the lack of a photo black.

I suspect if you'd started looking at it from a more detailed perspective, especially with colour gamuts, photo papers, etc... in mind then you'd find plenty to think twice about...

Anyways, it's sold and all packed up ready to go to France (of all places :)) so I'm sure it'll be happy enough ;)