I needed the new ix4000 because... (help me out here)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I slipped and erm.. "accidentally" purchased the new ix4000 from Canon but I'm not sure if the story..

"My hand slipped as I fell off the chair and completed a complicated series of keypresses that resulted in an order being placed.. I don't know how it happened honey, honest!!!"
... is necessarily going to earn me any response in line with
"I believe you"
or..
"Oh ok, I'll let you live"
... :| *gulp*

So, I'm calling on you lot to help furnish me with excuses as to why, how and under what circumstances I might get away with this..

At the moment, the best I've got is that the ix4000 is just released so the price is going to be pretty low compared to what it'll go up to later on so ultimately I've saved money..

So, creative thinking caps on and lets have a laugh with this... it may well be my last :p :D

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I'm guessing that this is a "Europe - only" printer, since I don't see it being offered in Canada or the US. Let us know what you think of it after using it for a while.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I'll give this a try! See my 3 tries below:

"You see honey, I have all these people on the Nifty-Stuff Inkjet Forum who look to me as an "InkJet Master" (see... right her in my forum title). It is imperative that I am immersed in all new inkjet technologies to maintain their respect and admiration."

or...

"Listen, at least I'm not as bad as Rob on the Nifty-Stuff Inkjet Forum... he's got like 15 printers! Be glad I only have X printers!"

And your best bet at not loosing your printer (and maybe your life):

"Look how the prints from this new printer capture your beauty! Those other printers' prints paled in comparison to the brilliance of your stunning countenance!"

:D ;)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
nifty-stuff.com said:
"You see honey, I have all these people on the Nifty-Stuff Inkjet Forum who look to me as an "InkJet Master" (see... right her in my forum title). It is imperative that I am immersed in all new inkjet technologies to maintain their respect and admiration."
Hmm... yeah, death by evil stare for that one... :p

"Listen, at least I'm not as bad as Rob on the Nifty-Stuff Inkjet Forum... he's got like 15 printers! Be glad I only have X printers!"
That would be good if it weren't for the fact that we did a count of my printers recently and realised I have 19 in this room and of those 3 are broken... So, looks like I'm not going to get away with that one ;)

"Look how the prints from this new printer capture your beauty! Those other printers' prints paled in comparison to the brilliance of your stunning countenance!"

:D ;)
Heh heh... actually not bad.. In the end I came up with the fact that it'll mean she can do her classroom displays a heck of a lot easier so it's really for her benefit.. That got her :D

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Here you go:

"Because my crystal ball says that on, or around June 14, 2006 my MP750 will almost spontaneously combust!"

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
nifty-stuff.com said:
Here you go:

"Because my crystal ball says that on, or around June 14, 2006 my MP750 will almost spontaneously combust!"
LOL...

Erm.. thanks for that Rob.. I think ;)

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Oops... I appear to have purchased two used MP500 units by mistake... *ahem*...

I'm so going to die for this I can tell... :p

cambece

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
i hate accidently buying things

Cambece

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
*sigh*...

Well it's time for me to let my iX4000 go on eBay and find a new loving home...

I realised that impulse *cough*, I mean, buying this printer because of all the fine reasons given earlier, was probably worth it at the time, I'm no longer finding much reason to keep the thing around. It's a good enough printer n'all but the darned thing is so big and my fiance barely uses the thing anyway so it's hit the road along with my MX700 and a few other bits too...

Now, I wonder if I can spin a K8600dn?? *cue: strandled noises as a certain fiance puts paid to that idea* :D

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
hahahaha

queue the "sad goodbye" music