HP27 not working after refill. Need help

boyet401

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,

I've just tried refilling an hp27 black cart. This cart stopped generating prints about 3 weeks ago, and had been refilled once before through a local refilling station. After I refilled it without about 8 ml yesterday it's still not putting out any prints on paper. Could it be air inside, or is the head clogged? What can I do to correct the problem?

Any suggestions highly appreciated. Thanks.

My printers: Epson c45, HP deskjet 3744

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
These won't print if they are overfilled, but I don't know if that is your problem. Run the printhead under hot water for a second or 2, then put the base on a folded paper towel. If you see a black blob, then you should be OK.

Also, your printer might think that your cartridge is empty. Your printer remembers the ink level of the last 2 cartridges. If you have any empties, insert the first empty one. The printer will make some noise. Take it out, and put in the 2nd empty one. Once the noise subsides, insert the refilled cartridge. The level indicator should now read "full", and you should be Ok.

Keep us posted

boyet401

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply.

I tried the hot bath trick, did get he blob but stil it won't print. I tried resting it overnight on damp cotton, as suggested to me in an email. THe cotton went black, so I guess the the head is not clogged. But sill no print. Is there anyway I can reset what the printer remembers? I don't have an extra catridge for this printer.

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
If you're getting a black rectangle, but nothing on the paper, then tyr this last thing. With a Q-tip and some rubbing alcohol, clean the contacts on the printer and the cartridge. These don't usually give any problem after re-filling, so I don't know why you have this problem, but, you just might have to buy a new one for now. Keep the old ones for cartridge ;level resets later on. Thse carts are not very expensive, so at least you have that going for you.

In any case, good luck!

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Try this.I use a similar technique on my HP78 carts.

http://www.floggin.us/archives/2005/08/21/hp-27-28-reset-ink-levels/

boyet401 said:
Thank you for your reply.

I tried the hot bath trick, did get he blob but stil it won't print. I tried resting it overnight on damp cotton, as suggested to me in an email. THe cotton went black, so I guess the the head is not clogged. But sill no print. Is there anyway I can reset what the printer remembers? I don't have an extra catridge for this printer.

superiorink

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Fill cartridge with ink then
Damp paper towel with RO water or distilled water and leave cartridge printhead on it overnight. Gentle centrifuge to remove remainder of ink. Clean print head and nozzles with atomization spray follow by suction syringe. Fill in vaccuum chamber (that could be part of your problem)
I find to have consistent results you need to fill in vaccuum chamber.

The fact that it has been reman. before leads to lower success rates.

hohu_m

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi,
the problem might be, that u paused for a week or two after refilling and some leakage occured, causing the fine metal dispensing parts to stick
u can either clean with a cloth or try with a test page, if it doesnt work, u could try sth more extreme - clean with a cloth and some alchohol, but I wouldnt recommend that- might cause a mess:)
buy a new one, I get mine from here
http://bulgle.com/L/L/000.php
http://bulgle.com/ads/123inkjet.php

hope u find what u're looking for