HP Deskjet Ink Advantage 5525 - HP 685

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I have an HP Deskjet 3520 and it produces an alignment page that looks like this one, except for the language being Danish. I think the text is not used in the alignment scan, so I attach a scan of the alignment page.

I hope a 150 dpi scan is OK, else the scan of the print produces a huge file, click to enlarge.

HP Alignment Page DJ3520.jpg

mrinald

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP5525 Deskjet
Dear PeterBJ,
Thank you so much for your prompt reply:), and yes it seems similar alignment page of 5525 deskjet. I will try tomorrow as I need to take this print from other printer.

Regards
MrinalD

I have an HP Deskjet 3520 and it produces an alignment page that looks like this one, except for the language being Danish. I think the text is not used in the alignment scan, so I attach a scan of the alignment page.

I hope a 150 dpi scan is OK, else the scan of the print produces a huge file, click to enlarge.

View attachment 9639

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
You're welcome. I hope it solves the problem.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
can anyone send me the Hp deskjet 5525 "Alignment Page" Scan copy as my printer's alignment went gone bad.
Reading your User Manual, you are supposed to print out your own alignment page from your printer and then scan it with your printer in order to align the print head.

Using someone else's Alignment Page would then seem to not be of help if you have your own alignment issue.

See "Align Printer" on page 27 of the User Guide.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/produc...-printer-series/5158535/model/5158536/manuals

mrinald

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP5525 Deskjet
You're welcome. I hope it solves the problem.

Dear PeterBJ, I am extremely sorry to say that the "Alignment Page" that you have sent, It is not detecting on the printer scanner.

mrinald

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
HP5525 Deskjet
Reading your User Manual, you are supposed to print out your own alignment page from your printer and then scan it with your printer in order to align the print head.

Using someone else's Alignment Page would then seem to not be of help if you have your own alignment issue.

See "Align Printer" on page 27 of the User Guide.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/produc...-printer-series/5158535/model/5158536/manuals
Dear stratman,

Thank you so much for your response, and you are absolutely correct. The problem is when I am trying to align my printer on the printer screen or through the printer windows software, it prints distorted patterns so when i scan that on my printer for alignment it adjusted itself to distorted configuration. So, I requested and thought that if I get some other "Alignment Page" with accurate format then it would solve my problem. I tried whatever possible. Checked also the Pinter Head and it is working fine.

Please help me regarding this, how can i solve this issue.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
My guess is that the problem might be caused by a dirty timing/encoder strip. This is a transparent strip with fine markings that is read by a sensor on the back side of the print head. If the strip is dirty the printer cannot determine the position of the print head precisely.

Could you upload a scan of the distorted alignment page? If you cannot scan the page, then a photo of the alignment page will also be OK.

I think your printer is similar to mine. It is difficult but possible to clean the strip without taking the printer apart. Use a tissue paper handkerchief wetted with a little window cleaner with ammonia to gently wipe the strip. With the printer turned on open the lid as if you would change a cartridge. When the print head is in the cartridge change position pull the power cord without first turning the printer off. You can now slide the print head from side to side to clean all of the strip.

I attach a photo from my printer. The tip of the pencil rests on the timing strip. It is a bit difficult to see in the photo but the timing strip is not the belt that moves the print head from side to side. You can also see the timing/encoder strip from 3:49 in this YouTube video.

DSCN0837.JPG

Last edited: