hp deskjet 1000 with ciss - ink Leak

the-magician

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
hp deskjet 1000
Hello!
* If the matter is not in place, I apologize in advance ... *

I installed the kit and everything works, but ...

I have a problem right now that are filling cartridges from the printer are full, there is air in the pipes going to the print head inside the printer and have ink leakage from the print head inside the printer.

If I fill ink cartridges outer outside so I have a leak inside the printer ink from the printhead ..

What can I do to stop the leak?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
The best advice I can give you is to remove all of the cartridges and CISS from printer and clean up the whole mess that’s left inside the printer and sounding area !

Then sit down and read the installation instructions again and when you think you have a better understanding of how it all works then try reinstalling it but this time take your time and don’t cut any corners, good luck with your installation..

the-magician

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
hp deskjet 1000
Do you think the sponge inside the cartridge was over - no good?

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The HP Deskjet 1000 uses the type 61 cartridges in the US and type 301 in Europe. These cartridges are of the combined sponge/print head variety.

The sponge is vital in the function of the cartridge. Without it the cartridge would leak. The sponge has a limited capacity, if you try to overfill the cartridge, it will leak.

In normal use of an unmodified cartridge (no CISS) the top of the sponge is at atmospheric pressure. The print head must actively draw ink from the sponge, as surface tension holds the ink in the sponge and so prevents leaking. The "filter" at the ink inlet of the print head/bottom of the sponge is not a filter but a surface tension breaker. If the "filter" is punctured or removed no ink can be transferred from the sponge to the print head.

When installing a CISS the level of the ink bottles is critical. Too high and the sponges will be flooded and the cartridges will leak. Too low and the cartridge cannot draw ink from the bottles as the negative pressure created in the cartridge by using the ink is too weak. The ink lines must also be primed, else the cartridges will suck in air instead of ink. A combined sponge/print head cartridge that has ingested air is very difficult to get going again.

Could you link to the CISS and possibly also to the install instructions? Maybe an experienced CISS user could then tell where the install failed.

Last edited:

the-magician

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
hp deskjet 1000
If you say the cartridge out of the printer ink play too many and liquid ink ...
If play less then no ink comes ...

So what should be anyway?

the-magician

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
hp deskjet 1000
Can you explain what that means?