How to Schedule a nozzle check/test print in OSX.

RichardA

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
epson ET2760
Maxmillian above suggested a utility program called Inkjet Plumber. I'll vouch for that program. I have an Epson 9900 and am away from my equipment for months at a time. Blocked printheads are expensive to fix. It's a simple routine that allows you to run a nozzle check at regular intervals. Before going away I put a roll of 8 1/2" plain paper on - you can get it at office supply stores - and set Liquid Plumber to run a nozzle check once a day. It prints the lines of the nozzle check, rolls out a couple inches of paper and waits for the next day. 2-3 months later, when I come back there is a length of paper of about 3" per day. Not much. Sometimes the check shows heads that need cleaning, but never the dreaded blank square where a color should be. A nozzle cleaning, sometimes just color pairs restores the printer to where it should be. Hope this helps.
What ver of OSX are you running with inkjet plumber? I have OSX 12.6 and tried InkjetPlumber_0.9.13 and InkjetPlumber_0.9.15. Apple says:

“InkjetPlumber.app” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

Any thoughts?

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
Probably because it is not a supported App in the Apple Mac Store. Normally it just refuses to run it and you can go into Preferences - Security and click "Open Anyway" but I have not seen that message before so maybe a new "feature" of the latest OSX.

Charles218

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I had the same issue, my Apple prevented the program from running. Going into the Privacy and Security Settings was the work around. Inkjet Plumber shows up in the menu bar along with Bluetooth, Displays, etc. I just installed it today and ran two test, it appears to be fine. Inkjet Plumber did want to update, but when I did it would not run on my system with Big Sur. I had to downgrade back to 0.9.11, I then turned off auto update.