How to reset Canon MG3150 ink cartridge??

dilligaf76

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG3150
Does anyone know of a programme that allows you to reset a Canon MG3150 ink cartridge?

Also does anyone know if there is a programme I can use to reset the ink waste counter etc...?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Does anyone know of a programme that allows you to reset a Canon MG3150 ink cartridge?

Also does anyone know if there is a programme I can use to reset the ink waste counter etc...?
As far as I can tell the Canon MG3150 is a disposable printer, so once the waste ink counter is full, you dispose of it and buy a new printer, the cartridges are also non resettable.. Sorry..

dilligaf76

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MG3150
As far as I can tell the Canon MG3150 is a disposable printer, so once the waste ink counter is full, you dispose of it and buy a new printer, the cartridges are also non resettable.. Sorry..
Ah well that's what they want you to believe, there's always a away round these things, just need to know how!

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
The MG3150 is a two cartridge printer using 540 Pigment Black and the tri-color 541. These are considered "disposable" printers when it comes to Service Tools and therefore no Service Tools are available. That's the "disposable" part. The other part that goes to your question is there have not been chip resetters for these disposable printer cartridges.

What you may be able to do is override ink level monitoring once the printer marks the cartridge as empty so you can continue to print. Then you will need to refill the cartridge yourself. Search Google for your cartridge model and the word "refill". You will not have ink level monitoring anymore but you will have a low cost solution to printing.

Other than that, learn electronics, find a convenient method for home enthusiasts to reset the chip, and let us know.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Ah well that's what they want you to believe, there's always a away round these things, just need to know how!
Well you go on believing what you want, because that doesn’t change a thing, but if you can come up with a new solution to reset your waste ink counter, then you’ll be the first.. Happy Printing… I’ll be the first to congratulate you.. :)

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990

Using an EEPROM programmer and the proper file it might be possible to re-flash the EEPROM on the printer's main board. See this thread.