How to remove PRO-1 printhead ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Sergey, there maybe ink getting into somewhere it’s not suppose too, and I don’t reckon the printer will allow you to start the print head replacement procedure with any Errors displayed, try the alternative replacement method mentioned...

P.S. if you can see any puddles of rouge ink anywhere try soaking them up first with paper towels...

Sergey

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
The damned error persists. I cleaned the interior of the printer (without disassembling any of it). Tried to clean the bottom of the carriage a little. Pushed a few sheets of paper throug.
How does it sence a jam? Is the sensor installed on the carriage or somewhere else?
I cannot change cartridges because of that error, and I have to change a few before I change the print head.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@Sergey, it’s not an actual paper jam, that’s a false error report that the printer is putting out, it’s probably getting conflicting errors from the damaged print head, and the only cure is to replace the head despite these error notices.

There are two ways to replace the print head, if the usual way doesn’t work, then try the other long-winded maintenance way...

Sergey

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
@The Hat. I do understand that. But before going that way I want to make shure it is not a dirty sensor, that triggers that error.
And gray ink cartridges are almost empty. If I replace the PH the "brute force" way, how will the printer react to empty carts? The engineers are not fools, of course, so probably it will prompt me to install fresh ones.
So, I am just a bit nervous ))

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
If you replace the print head with insufficient ink in any of the cartridges, you’ll probably end up in even more trouble, as the printer is likely to put out a fatal error that only the Service centre can correct...

A fatal error occurs when the printer is unsure what the user is up to and to stop you going any further, it’s a software trick that the EPROM uses, but the error doesn’t exist. (False) You got to get up early in the morning to fool this printer...;)

Sergey

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
@The Hat , so is it possible to replace cartridges without switching the printer on? Actually it is possible, as people get rid of the error, when Pro-1 locks the cartridge compartmets' doors. There was some thread here.

Sergey

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
@Sergey, here is a post dealing with the same issue you have regarding the cartridges doors not opening without powering on the printer first...

https://www.printerknowledge.com/th...ink-and-refill-options.9954/page-2#post-84537
I replaced the empty cartridges using that post. The printer shows them as before - almost empty. OK. let it be that way.
Today I am goint to install the new print head and see what will happen.
My expectations - 1. The printer will show some horrible error and I will throw it away, sell the inks and the cartridges and make my self a badge "not alowed near any complicated devices".
2. The printer will initialize the print head and will show that persistent 1300 error.
3. Magic canon elves inside the printer will accept the new print head, clear away all the errors and I will have to thank them with only a plate of milk and a few bread crums left for the night near the machine.

Sergey

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro-1
The new print head is installed, but the 1300 error persists.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
The new print head is installed, but the 1300 error persists.
To clear the error 1300 message, just press and hold the Resume button for 2 seconds, also check that the paper roller feed is not stuck and is able to move and are all your cartridges OEM ?

Latest posts