How to refill / reset a Canon Pixma MX860 cartridge?

twcinnh

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon mx89* (*=?)
Are there polls available on this forum? I have received 2 resetters from inkproducts.com. The fist did not work, the 2nd has arrived and after completely filling and resetting, then refilling some again they are starting to show less than full - however, I did have to refill before they ran out of ink and the ink monitor said full.

I'm hoping the 2 still showing full, which are also less than full, will start declining and things will stabilize.

Regards,

Tom C

Canon Pixma MX860

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Just to update of my Canon PGI-520/CLI-521 resetter I made a review a few months ago. I reset a few cartridges for a friend and it works !!! I do not have one of these new Canon printers, so I had not the chance to test the resetter, but it seems to work without any problem.

nhendrix

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
For those of us in the States it still gets better. I purchased my
resetter for CLI-221/PGI-220 cartridges from refillbay.com for
a bit over $26 a couple weeks ago. It works fine!
I posted they have gone down to $19.95 since then and today
I received an email that until June 1st they are another 15% off.
This picture shows that with shipping for me on the West Coast
it would cost a bit less than $21.00. The coupon code code
is: MMD10 as you can see on this shopping cart snapshot:
5622_refillbay3.jpg

ENJOY!

mapsy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi all, I noticed that vallejoboy experienced a damaged chip and wanted to let folks here know we do carry old virgin Canon carts with OEM chips on board, which we sell for folks needing an extra set of chips, or even just one. So if we can be of help, let us know. We sell sets of 5 of these and we do reset the chips before they go out, for $9.99, if anyone here needs a set we will include shipping for forum members in the USA. The carts are old, empty and not fresh, but I have revived some in a test and they can be used. I personally prefer the refillable ones with the auto reset chips on board.

Also, if Liona still needs a solution for her ip4680, we may be able to help, but it depends on where in the world you live, since we rarely ship internationally. But can special order cli-821 ARCs or refillable carts with ARCs on board. Unfortunately we do not stock the resetters for this chip series since it is an Asian chip.

vallejoboy

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hi you guys! I have successfully refilled all my dye based ink and successfully resetted all of them using the resetter from mapsy:D I used hobbicolors UW-8 and I tried printing several pictures and graphics and all of them had a green tint to it. I am using Staples Premium Photo Paper but the paper doesn't seem to make much difference in fixing the problem. From what I understand the magenta ink is weak which results in a green tint, especially on black pictures. Can anybody point me on how to fix this or how to calibrate it to produce a somewhat accurate color?

Mapsy...
Please inform us if you find those virgin CLI-221/PGI-220 OEM catridges or anybody for that matter.