How can reset my Canon pixma pro 100 waste ink counter refill?

Japes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 100
Hi . A few weeks ago i received the dreaded B5200 erroe aboyut my waster counters reaching limit . A while after that ( after ( continued printing) it stopped. I hit the net ans saw soultions. I have bothe srvice tolkit v34oo and the newer v5214 version, and dug out an old PC that runs Wnidows XP, but i keep getting the 500 error. Don't know what ( or if) there is anything else I can do to get this printer started again. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. ;)

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
I think something is wrong with the error codes. They should be 4 digit numbers or be 4 alphanumerical characters. No service manuals for the Pro 100 are available, but see this list. All codes are 4 characters. So what are the exact error codes?

From a service manual for an older printer error 1700 means that the ink absorber is getting full, but you can still print. Errors 5B00 and 5B01 mean the ink absorber is now full and printing is locked. Errors 5200 and B200 are print head failure. Could this be the problem with your printer?

The service tools also have some error codes. Error 002 means this function is not supported by this printer. Error 005 means the PC does not recognise the printer. Error 006 means the printer has not entered service mode and error 009 means service mode operations cannot be performed due to an error in the printer.

Hopefully you have not used service tool v3400 on the printer? That will cause lock of service mode. Only a service centre can then clear this blockage, at a cost likely exceeding the cost of the printer. Here is proof that service tool v5204 can reset the ink absorber in the Pro-100. Here is a reset of a Maxify printer using service tool v5204. Here is the procedure for an older printer using the v3400 of the service tool. This a little more detailed procedure for entering service mode and performing the reset is the same as for the v5204 of the service tool.

Japes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 100
I think something is wrong with the error codes. They should be 4 digit numbers or be 4 alphanumerical characters. No service manuals for the Pro 100 are available, but see this list. All codes are 4 characters. So what are the exact error codes?

From a service manual for an older printer error 1700 means that the ink absorber is getting full, but you can still print. Errors 5B00 and 5B01 mean the ink absorber is now full and printing is locked. Errors 5200 and B200 are print head failure. Could this be the problem with your printer?

The service tools also have some error codes. Error 002 means this function is not supported by this printer. Error 005 means the PC does not recognise the printer. Error 006 means the printer has not entered service mode and error 009 means service mode operations cannot be performed due to an error in the printer.

Hopefully you have not used service tool v3400 on the printer? That will cause lock of service mode. Only a service centre can then clear this blockage, at a cost likely exceeding the cost of the printer. Here is proof that service tool v5204 can reset the ink absorber in the Pro-100. Here is a reset of a Maxify printer using service tool v5204. Here is the procedure for an older printer using the v3400 of the service tool. This a little more detailed procedure for entering service mode and performing the reset is the same as for the v5204 of the service tool.

Japes

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pixma pro 100
everything came up just like you said, but after I pressed set I got the hourglass and haven't pressed EFPROM as it is grayed out. Don't want to touch it. here is a screenshot. Thoughts?

Attachments

• tempImage3wqHDg.png
    tempImage3wqHDg.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 280

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
To answer your questions more info is needed, First what was the exact error code in the first post? If the error codes were 5200 and/or B200 then the printhead is defective and needs replacement. No service tool can repair a defective printhead. They can only get some info and change a few settings. If the Error code was B500 or B501 then the ink absorber is full and the service tool can clear this error. The exact error code is important.

It looks like you are running service tool v3400 on the old XP computer. That's a bad idea as it can block access to service mode. Only a much newer service tool like the v5214 (5204?) can be used with out risk of being locked out of service mode. But maybe the error code 500 which might be 005 meaning the service tool does not recognise the printer has prevented the service mode lock?

It also looks like you have opened two windows with service tool(s)? That's probably not a good idea. Which version service tool is not responding? And what does the warning in the AVG ikon in the system tray mean? Was the newer service tool blocked due to possible malware? You need to tell AVG the new service tool isn't malware to allow it to run, else it might be blocked/deleted.

If the access to service mode has not been locked by attempts to use version 3400 then there might be a chance of resetting the absorber counter. First the printer must be installed on the old computer using USB connection. Then open version 5204/5214 service tool and follow the procedure here, but of course with the new service tool instead of v3400.

This post has got screenshots from service tool V4720. The screenshots from version 5204 will be similar. Notice in the last screenshot that the service tool detects the serial number of the printer. This shows the service tool is active, meaning has been properly installed and activated and the printer has been properly installed and has properly entered service mode.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Hi . A few weeks ago i received the dreaded B5200 erroe aboyut my waster counters reaching limit .
The question I’d like to know is… How old is your printer and how many prints has it done..

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
He/she is in the
Why are OP's images upside down in this and another of his threads?
Maybe he/she is in the Southern hemisphere ?

Sorry, I couldn't resist.. ( that fullfills my monthly quote of awful jokes ).