Homemade CISS

barfl2

Print Addict
Reaction score
Probably a stupid idea but is the fact that this printer was housed in the base of a chair, and not exposed to the normal amount of fresh air around it, have any bearing on the print head overheating?

As we all know Canon heads can perform well for years and others fail in a relatively short period. I had a HP head fail within warranty period 1 year and I was at the time using clear refillable carts and non OEM ink. Once the service department took me through a long series of tests on the phone (about 30 minutes) they confirmed the head was gone and would be replaced. The new head with a set of New starter carts arrived from France. There was a request in the package to send the old unit back for testing which I ignored, and heard nothing further. I would suspect Canon would support aaa if machine is in warranty period. You need the serial number of course the Manufacturer warranty is surely based on manufacture date not necessarily the Sale date so purchase documents in my case were not needed, although I had them.

I suspect the printers used regularly and fairly hard survive better. The Hats collection is prove of that

aaa

Printer Guru
Reaction score
to Hat:
If you try to connect several times in a row, the link may not work temporarily.
Or try to change a browser or connect from a different IP.

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
The Hat said:
None of the links you provided have worked..
They work fine for me. The second link is especially useful for its comprehensive list of Canon printer manuals available on that site.

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
The links work for me with Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome, and Opera on a laptop running 32 bit Windows 7 Home Premium.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Grandad35 said:
The Hat said:
None of the links you provided have worked..
They work fine for me. The second link is especially useful for its comprehensive list of Canon printer manuals available on that site.
They do open now but didnt when I tried them earlier, Thanks AAA..:)

aaa

Printer Guru
Reaction score
EEPROM information contents
iP4200: Model name
Head TempBK=18.5 Head TempC=17.5 Env Temp=30.0 FF(3F 3F 3F)
Printed items:
30. Print head temperature (BK/CL) 31. Insidetemperature

16 DIK Diode sensor cathode IN
26 DIA0 Diode sensor anode 0 IN
38 DIA1 Diode sensor anode 1 IN

Conclusion: Two thermal sensors is the print head.

(Part number QY6-0059-000)

aaa

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I need your help. Is this diode a Zener diode 120V, 5W, such as the SMCJ5380, CMZ5380B? (MB Canon IP 4600)

5672_post.jpg