Help with Epson Stylus R300

candy15

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Photo R300
The Epson R300 works fine when connected through a network. When connected to a laptop via USB port it is recognized and added to Devices & Printers but it will not print, page won't even go to the print queue. Network is going to go down and I need to fix this problem so I can use the printer. Help anyone? I'll provide more info if needed. Thanks!

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
how do you connect the R300 to a network ? Did you try to connect the printer to another computer ? How was the printer connected in the past ? Which operating system are you using ?

candy15

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Photo R300
Thanks for your quick response - here are the answers to your questions. The R300 is connected to the network through a router. Yes, tried to connect the printer to 2 different computers - same result - no print. Printer has always been used on network but network is going to be taken down so I need to be able to connect the printer to my laptop's USB port. I am using Windows 8.1. To recap, printer works great when used through network. Seems to install fine when connected via USB to the laptop, at least it shows up under Devices and Printers as the default printer. It never gives an error message, everything looks fine BUT it just won't print. Appreciate any advice.

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
When you start a print to the printer locally connected you can open the spooler window, is there any info that the printer is offline, deactivated or else ? The printer is older than W 8.1, did that printer ever was connected locally to a computer with XP or W7 and did it print then ?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Try installing the printer again, this time run the setup from the CD and have your printer connected to the computer with the USB cable..

candy15

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Stylus Photo R300
Thanks for the responses! Answers to your questions - printer does not show Offline. Printer was never connected directly to a computer just used through a network. It still can be used with no problems through the network. I have reinstalled it but I do not have the original CD because I've recently moved and can find nothing!!